• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

I think there's a 2 day time limit for the edit function to stay thereafter that post is made, after that, it's locked.

Best you can do is, start a new thread with updated stuff from that previous thread.

That's incorrect information.

A thread can only be "locked" by the moderators. Locking a thread prevents any further posting within the thread.

From the FAQ: "Users can edit their own posts up to 4320 minutes after they are made." That's 3 days in normalspeak.

If 3 days have past, rather than start yet another thread with books that haven't sold, you still still post in the thread, you just can't change posts older than 3 days. You can add to the thread by saying something akin to "The following books are still available..."

Flaming Telepath has managed many successful sales threads using this methodology.

I'm tired of pizzing in the wind pointing out The Guidelines when they're ignored, but I have to say it's powerful annoying when people - especially long-time boardies - decide the Guidelines aren't meant for them, notably #2:

"No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed."

:sumo: Damn straight !

I think there's a 2 day time limit for the edit function to stay thereafter that post is made, after that, it's locked.

Best you can do is, start a new thread with updated stuff from that previous thread.

A thread can only be "locked" by the moderators. Locking a thread prevents any further posting within the thread.

From the FAQ: "Users can edit their own posts up to 4320 minutes after they are made." That's 3 days in normalspeak.

If 3 days have past, rather than start yet another thread with books that haven't sold, you still still post in the thread, you just can't change posts older than 3 days. You can add to the thread by saying something akin to "The following books are still available..."

Flaming Telepath has managed many successful sales threads using this methodology.

Over easy or scrambled?

Over easy or scrambled?

(thumbs u

This is being discussed in the main forum, and I move for the following guideline to be added:

- GPA data can only be used to promote CGC graded comic sales, as that is what GPA tracks.

I vote nay.

This is being discussed in the main forum, and I move for the following guideline to be added:

- GPA data can only be used to promote CGC graded comic sales, as that is what GPA tracks.

I vote nay.

I second the nay... (thumbs u

I vote nay.

Third "nay" here :sumo:

I vote nay.

Third "nay" here :sumo:

Neighhhhh, it's a stampede!! lol

horses1Art.jpg

I see all the board sellers are out in full force. :roflmao:

And you guys seem to have confused these forums with a democracy, and it's up to CGC to decide.

I trust that CGC will offer little credence to the request of one who never sells and hardly ever buys anything here. And I'm pretty sure that the community voice has played a part in the guidelines' development.

And you guys seem to have confused these forums with a democracy, and it's up to CGC to decide.

Bltch, please! :baiting:

I'm no fan of quoting GPA prices for raw and I've said so many times in the past.

But I also don't agree with making a rule outlawing it. Too much of an overreaction. Let them do it and let the buyers make up their own minds.

Bltch, please! :baiting:

I'm no fan of quoting GPA prices for raw and I've said so many times in the past.

But I also don't agree with making a rule outlawing it. Too much of an overreaction. Let them do it and let the buyers make up their own minds.

You make too much sense so :censored: off!

I say nay as well and I'm just a buyer. (Disclaimer: I did start 2 sales threads in the 2.5 years I've been here.) I agree with cd4ever, outlawing it is a bit extreme. And furthermore, there's lot a room for improvement in other areas.