• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mastro Auction...holy guacamole.....!!

52 posts in this topic

I just got my catalog for the new Mastro Auctions December Auction and WOW!

They have some killer Romita and Ditko in there. That page from ASM #27 has me drooling and that Romita ASM Annual page with Spidey and Hulk beating the snot out of each other ain't too bad neither. They seem to be serious about jumping into the comics and comic art arena. Damn I wish I had a trust fund.

I gotta put this down and buy some more powerball lotto tickets. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Chris

Well, at least you will have a nice copy of the book to compare it with soon...

That's as close as I am getting to the original art sadly sorry.gif

but that copy you sold me looks awesome. flowerred.gif

Chris

I just got my catalog for the new Mastro Auctions December Auction and WOW!

They have some killer Romita and Ditko in there. That page from ASM #27 has me drooling and that Romita ASM Annual page with Spidey and Hulk beating the snot out of each other ain't too bad neither. They seem to be serious about jumping into the comics and comic art arena. Damn I wish I had a trust fund.

I gotta put this down and buy some more powerball lotto tickets. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Chris

Nice pages! It'll be interesting to see what the final prices are. No credit cards, and full payment in 14 days..... takes a lot of buyers out of the mix.

Yeah - I would have to agree with you.

Sorry guys, I was trying to publically ogle those pages. I did not mean to resurrect he-who-shall-not-be-named-yet-shills-like-there-is-no-tommorow.

The pages are gorgeous though.

Chris

Sorry guys, I was trying to publically ogle those pages. I did not mean to resurrect he-who-shall-not-be-named-yet-shills-like-there-is-no-tommorow.

The pages are gorgeous though.

Chris

Well I appreciate the thread and scans as I don't necessarily follow all the auctions and those Ditko pages are damn cool to see.

Joseph

I can't get into Ditko Spider-man at all. It's nice for historical reasons,but I don't love it. For the amount of cash his spidey pages sell for,I'd have to love it.

Romita is great but Ditko has the brilliance of genius. Romita never got down the 'agile' nature of spidey quite as splendidly. Gosh I'd love a Ditko piece but the prices are daunting. Sheesh that #27 moved page moved up fast. Oh, if I were to win the lotto. wink.gif