• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Keys..who do you think he was on the boards?

78 posts in this topic

Hard to recall all the incarnations, but I'd say:

Methuselah (positive on this one)

Black Shotzy (sp? - postive on this one)

Abrahms (not positive on this one. Not really concerned with who this is as he exposed the Ewerrt scandal; the "ends justify the means" in this case)

I don't think he was abrams.

He was AtomicPaul. I still remember the night of his big meltdown when he outed himself after Supa accused him of reselling Harry's PLOD ASM#1 that he had purchased from Hammer and then returned. Hammer responded that he had 16, no 12, copies of ASM#1 in inventory. Then he posted this picture, followed by one of the classic, all-time flame outs in history.

7sp1s.jpg

I am going to try and search for some of those threads. This is getting more interesting. Thanks for the pic too Scott. Man, you guys save everything. laugh.gif

Scott

Abrahms (not positive on this one. Not really concerned with who this is as he exposed the Ewerrt scandal; the "ends justify the means" in this case)

He was AtomicPaul. I still remember the night of his big meltdown when he outed himself after Supa accused him of reselling Harry's PLOD ASM#1 that he had purchased from Hammer and then returned. Hammer responded that he had 16, no 12, copies of ASM#1 in inventory. Then he posted this picture, followed by one of the classic, all-time flame outs in history.

7sp1s.jpg

I am going to try and search for some of those threads. This is getting more interesting. Thanks for the pic too Scott. Man, you guys save everything. laugh.gif

Scott

It is stories like this which kept me from ever spending any money on high grade silver age marvels, much as I like them it just seemed like they were out there in numbers too large to be worth insane multiples of lower grades.

I just love the stories in Spider-man 1. The whole space capsule sequence, the terrible psychological beating he takes in the first story. It's a compelling story that used great visuals still not matched in the movies. Would I like to have a high grade ciopy. Yes/ Do I trust there are not thousands of high grade copies out there in stashes waiting to come to market inevitably driving the price down? No, I do not. I have just seen way way too many of those iossues to think it makes sense paying giant amounts of cash. Has there ever been a time in recent years when they wasn't a high grade copy available?

Then you see guys like this who seem to have virtually an unlimited supply.

7sp1s.jpg

Scott

It is stories like this which kept me from ever spending any money on high grade silver age marvels, much as I like them it just seemed like they were out there in numbers too large to be worth insane multiples of lower grades.

I just love the stories in Spider-man 1. The whole space capsule sequence, the terrible psychological beating he takes in the first story. It's a compelling story that used great visuals still not matched in the movies. Would I like to have a high grade ciopy. Yes/ Do I trust there are not thousands of high grade copies out there in stashes waiting to come to market inevitably driving the price down? No, I do not. I have just seen way way too many of those iossues to think it makes sense paying giant amounts of cash. Has there ever been a time in recent years when they wasn't a high grade copy available?

Then you see guys like this who seem to have virtually an unlimited supply.

thanks to him unrestored copies are becoming more rare all the time!

7sp1s.jpg

Scott

no need to search, it's already been done for you by the friendly folks at Sal

7sp1s.jpg

Scott

no need to search, it's already been done for you by the friendly folks at Sal

893whatthe.gif

Wow..were those the good old days...or what?

Fiery stuff 893applaud-thumb.gif