• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have proof that these Wolverine/ASM comics exist?

20 posts in this topic

Wolverine 46 2nd print

Wolverine 75 w/o hologram

Wolverine 145 w/ black foil claws

Amazing Spider-Man(ASM) 238, Canadian Edition w/ Lakeside Tattooz

ASM 388 non-foil, non-direct sales edition

ASM 400 non-die-cut cover, non-direct sales edition

ASM Annuals 98 and 99 as newstand editions

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wolverine 46 2nd print

Taste,

I can confirm that the Wolverine 145 black claws does NOT exist. Early references to it such as "Wolverine 145 silver, gold and black variants" were in fact poor attempts to describe the Nabisco variant.

There are some 75s without holograms but a recent thread regarding a similar non-holo variant included a forumite removing the holo himself. It tore, but he is convinced that he could have got it off without any detection if he had been just a bit more patient. The possibility of "forged" non-holo variants is therefore very real.

I don't have any info either way on the others.

Wolverine 46 2nd print

The ASM 238 CN edition dosen't have the Tatooz, I don't belive any ever had.

I own this version/variant. And it dosen't have them either.

No info on the rest.

There are some 75s without holograms but a recent thread regarding a similar non-holo variant included a forumite removing the holo himself. It tore, but he is convinced that he could have got it off without any detection if he had been just a bit more patient. The possibility of "forged" non-holo variants is therefore very real.

Huh? So did he finally do it or not? If not, and the cover tore, why the big warning?

Huh? So did he finally do it or not? If not, and the cover tore, why the big warning?

JC,

The cover did tear in his experiment. But, he got a bit impatient at the end and went too fast and that is when it tore. He was pretty certain that if he had continued to go slowly, it would have come off with no tearing. Also, there was no glue residue or anything else on the cover that would have indicated that the hologram ever was attached. That was enough to spook me off of the "non-holo variants"

Clear enough, but it would be more compelling if someone actually removes the hologram without noticeable damage to the book.

Also, even if there is no damage visible to the naked eye, perhaps, there is some change structural alteration to the ink or residual adhesive that could be detected under the right lighting or through magnifying a high-res scan.

Clear enough, but it would be more compelling if someone actually removes the hologram without noticeable damage to the book.

Exactly, and all the coulda, woulda and mighta's are worth about two dead flies.

If someone is able to take a NM copy, and remove the holograph without evidence, and without lowering the grade, then it's time to stop the presses.

Wolverine 46 2nd print

The ASM 238 CN edition dosen't have the Tatooz, I don't belive any ever had.

I own this version/variant. And it dosen't have them either.

No info on the rest.

I'm the original owner of a CDN edition of the ASM 238 and it definitely did not come with anything bound in. I've never seen any CDN edition books at all with a Tattooz insert.