• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will I get a blue label or green?

12 posts in this topic

I just picked up a Golden Age book on eBay. It looks pretty sharp, but has paper missing in the margins of three pages due to a printing error. It does not affect the art.

When I send it to CGC, will I get a blue label or green?

I just picked up a Golden Age book on eBay. It looks pretty sharp, but has paper missing in the margins of three pages due to a printing error. It does not affect the art.

When I send it to CGC, will I get a blue label or green?

Probably blue. CGC is moving away from the green label these days unless there is a really compelling reason for it.

Does that mean that people who recieved green label for like or similar defects should resubmit their books for a blue label?

I believe it has always been the case that you could resubmit a green label book and ask for a blue label grade instead. There was a thread about it a while back, which I think involved one of Jeff's books if I am remembering correctly. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, my Thrilling #33 went from a qualified 9.4 to a blue label 8.0.

I wouldn't say it's always been the case that you could ask for a blue label instead. CGC has merely reduced the instances in which they apply the green label, so if you received one for defects or oddities that they no longer give the green label, then you can resub for a blue label. My Thrilling #33 just had a small chip off the back cover and moderate tanning to the interior covers, so it was a natural for a re-sub for a label change.

I have a green label supersnipe V2#7 black cover which is an 8.0 with the centerfold loose (single staple book). How would CGC deal with that issue these days....is it still a qualified, or lower grade blue lable.

I have a green label supersnipe V2#7 black cover which is an 8.0 with the centerfold loose (single staple book). How would CGC deal with that issue these days....is it still a qualified, or lower grade blue lable.

If that's all that's wrong with it, I'm surprised that got a green label even back then. My Action #58 has a detached centerfold and got a blue label, and that was in CGC's first year. I think it would be worth giving them a call.

If that's all that's wrong with it, I'm surprised that got a green label even back then. My Action #58 has a detached centerfold and got a blue label, and that was in CGC's first year. I think it would be worth giving them a call.

What grade did you get with the detached centerfold? What was the grade otherwise?

What grade did you get with the detached centerfold? What was the grade otherwise?

I only had it graded the one time...

action58.jpg

I only had it graded the one time...

action58.jpg

Interesting...My 8.0 looks much nicer than your superman.(Nice book by the way)..hence the 8.0....I wonder if the old lable notation was like a qualified grade since they no longer note defects on the lables.