• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Books Missing/Stolen Fresno CA Post Office

37 posts in this topic

The Saturday mail carrier leaves my packages on top of me and my neibors mailbox. (which is 1/4 mile from our house) frustrated.gif I always pray, I don't get a package on saturday.

I had the same problem. I've since asked my carrier to leave the boxes at the post office and to leave me a slip in my box. She is more then happy to do it because she doesn't have to carry them with me. It is a pain having to go and pick them up, but they are safe.

I'm going to have to make some kind of arrangements. I plan on spending thousands on comics this winter. I'm not submitting any books until after the holidays.

Just an update: these books are still missing. Please keep an eye out for them. I have eBay searches set, but that only goes so far. My customer claimed he contacted a number of local shops to look out for them.

The post office did give the poor guy the "can't file any paperwork for 30 days" line. How infuriating for him.

Yeah, it gets worse. This is what my buyer tells me:

So the 30 days has gone by and my buyer goes to the post office to file the paperwork for a claim. I had used the online USPS click-and-ship service to purchase the postage and insurance and signiture confirmation for the package. So, I emailed the buyer a scan of the back half of the mailing label, which is the full receipt for the transaction and all the services purchased.

My buyer sits down with the POSTMASTER, not a clerk, and goes over the claim. The postmaster apparently has never seen a click-and-ship receipt before. My buyer ends up explaining where it says what services were purchased and how much insurance was for and whatnot. The postmaster says that he needs the original blue insurance slip to proceed with the claim, and refuses to accept the form without it.

Of course, there is no blue insurance slip.

I'm going to my post office to file the claim today, since I know the people in my post office have a clue. At least I think they do.

my postman likes to bend large packages to fit them in the mailbox..

Mine just pissed me off by doing this too. I just ordered the complete 1975 Joker series and had it mailed to my house. The packaging had "Do Not Bend" stamped on it about 20 times on the front but when I opened my mailbox I saw it was folded into a perfect U shape.

That is infuriating. I even feel a bit riled up and it's not my package.

Yeah, it gets worse. This is what my buyer tells me:

So the 30 days has gone by and my buyer goes to the post office to file the paperwork for a claim. I had used the online USPS click-and-ship service to purchase the postage and insurance and signiture confirmation for the package. So, I emailed the buyer a scan of the back half of the mailing label, which is the full receipt for the transaction and all the services purchased.

My buyer sits down with the POSTMASTER, not a clerk, and goes over the claim. The postmaster apparently has never seen a click-and-ship receipt before. My buyer ends up explaining where it says what services were purchased and how much insurance was for and whatnot. The postmaster says that he needs the original blue insurance slip to proceed with the claim, and refuses to accept the form without it.

Of course, there is no blue insurance slip.

I'm going to my post office to file the claim today, since I know the people in my post office have a clue. At least I think they do.

Post office accepted the forms this morning from me without any trouble.

I went last night and they wanted "proof of value" as well as "proof of payment". I had printouts of the record of the Paypal payments for the eBay listings with me, but that wasn't "proof of value". So today I brought a photocopied page from my 2004 Overstreet and that was good enough.

We'll see where it goes from here. They were pretty surprised to see the tracking number sitting in limbo a month later at "delivery attempted".

The Saturday mail carrier leaves my packages on top of me and my neighbors mailbox. (which is 1/4 mile from our house) frustrated.gif I always pray, I don't get a package on saturday.

I live in a rural area too, so we share a bank of security boxes with our neighbors. There's a large overgrown escolonia behind the box that made it difficult for the lady to get the mail in the boxes, so one day I walked down the road with my hedge trimmer and created a nice hollowed out area for the mail delivery person to step into. This helps to protect her from the rain too. As I was finishing, she pulled up and saw what I had done. Since then, if there's ever an oversize package or something that won't fit, she brings it right to my door. I do have a PO Box for my comics though, since those outdoor boxes aren't always weather tight.

That's kinda scary...the APO folks here aren't any better...

The APO folks are useless. If a package is lost there's really nothing that can be done...especially from their point of view.

Not to mention the condition of packages when they do arrive. Looks like someone along the line played a little pick-up soccer with your Flat Rate box... insane.gif

Jim

The APO folks are useless. If a package is lost there's really nothing that can be done...especially from their point of view.

Not to mention the condition of packages when they do arrive. Looks like someone along the line played a little pick-up soccer with your Flat Rate box... insane.gif

Jim

Are shipments to APO boxes insurable? I was told (at the Post Office) they are not.

Jim

Are shipments to APO boxes insurable? I was told (at the Post Office) they are not.

Nope...you can pay for signature pick-up though...

Jim

The Saturday mail carrier leaves my packages on top of me and my neighbors mailbox. (which is 1/4 mile from our house) frustrated.gif I always pray, I don't get a package on saturday.

I live in a rural area too, so we share a bank of security boxes with our neighbors. There's a large overgrown escolonia behind the box that made it difficult for the lady to get the mail in the boxes, so one day I walked down the road with my hedge trimmer and created a nice hollowed out area for the mail delivery person to step into. This helps to protect her from the rain too. As I was finishing, she pulled up and saw what I had done. Since then, if there's ever an oversize package or something that won't fit, she brings it right to my door. I do have a PO Box for my comics though, since those outdoor boxes aren't always weather tight.

893applaud-thumb.gif You have to do whatever it takes to keep on the good side of the mail carrier.

BTW congratulations on the insurance claim ckb It's too bad the books didn't surface.