• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Showcase #3 (1956) - Greytone Russ Heath classic!

10 posts in this topic

Hi all. Here's a very, very tough book. Showcase #3 from 1956. Book is 4.5/5.0 with supple ow/w pages. Staples are firmly attached at both cover and centrefold, and exhibit no rust. There is a 1/2" tear on the right bottom edge of the back cover. In roughly the same position on the last interior, there are two similar tears, 1/2" apart. There are two light, but noticeable, creases on the lower left back cover. On the interior pages, the bottom right corner of the pages in the last half of the book appear to have been chipped when the book was trimmed (it's definitely not 'chew' as it does not affect the same corner on the first half of the book.) It's not a big deal, but I'm just making it known - it certainly does not affect this particular grade. I don't want to make it sound like there's a lot wrong with this book... I just want you to be aware of some of the minor defects the book exhibits. That said, this is just super copy of this book. Great pages, flat and tight, and cover is showing great colour. In all, just a really nice mid-grade example from the early period of this title. And the artwork by Russ Heath is to die for - to my knowledge, this story has never been reprinted.

If you're a fan of Frogmen stories, Heath art, Greytone covers, or classic silver age DC, this a great book to have. 4.0 OSPG is $160, and 6.0 OSPG is $240. My price is $180 shipped anywhere in North America. The book is 100% guaranteed. Paypal is preferred.

Thanks for looking!

Shep

show3f.jpg

show3b.jpg

It's a great, great book and highly recommended. We sold a copy in September. In terms of suggestions, I think ours was clearly nicer and we graded it 5.0. So maybe this copy is 4.0-4.5? Or maybe I'm all wet. insane.gifblush.gifsmile.gif

Anyway, a little patience and I think you'll move the book. Or go ahead and float it on ebay.

Marc