• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Gabri-El interview

17 posts in this topic

Vincent Zurzolo interviewed longtime comic art collector/dealer Will Gabri-El on a recent Comic Zone:

http://www.worldtalkradio.com/archive.asp?aid=8410

I enjoyed it. Interesting stuff for newbies and oldies alike. Lots of common sense advice for newbies, especially. Also, an insight to what goes on behind the scenes with BSD's. Enjoy!

Vince should get that KrazyKat Kat on the Zone. Now THAT would be a show worth listening to. JMHO.

Yeah, but hearing him talk through a voice modifier so he can retain his anonymity would be as annoying as, well, his posts.

Three letters for ya: F K K

But on another note, I just recently had a transaction with Will Gabri-El . Great guy and I look forward to listening to this.

Mike hi.gif

Very enjoyable interview. Agreed that Silver Age material looks cheap still.

Surprised that Vince was so shocked that the ASM#43 Cover sold for over 100K. I mean, geez, the guy sells comic books for 250K.

Vince,.....Think Monet, Degas, Renoir prices when you think of OA,...THAT is the future.

Good job though,...very entertaining!

Surprised that Vince was so shocked that the ASM#43 Cover sold for over 100K. I mean, geez, the guy sells comic books for 250K. Think Monet, Degas, Renoir prices when you think of OA,...THAT is the future.

Good job !

Krazy Talk.

Surprised that Vince was so shocked that the ASM#43 Cover sold for over 100K. I mean, geez, the guy sells comic books for 250K. Think Monet, Degas, Renoir prices when you think of OA,...THAT is the future.

Good job !

Krazy Talk.

You keep saying that but prices keep moving up. That is a fact. Jack.

Vince should get that KrazyKat Kat on the Zone. Now THAT would be a show worth listening to. JMHO.

Yeah, but hearing him talk through a voice modifier so he can retain his anonymity would be as annoying as, well, his posts.

Three letters for ya: F K K

But on another note, I just recently had a transaction with Will Gabri-El . Great guy and I look forward to listening to this.

Mike hi.gif

I too had a great transaction with Will a couple of weeks ago - I thoroughly look forward to his site updates.

He didn't say SA "looked cheap" per se. He was saying that BA and Modern OA was perhaps overpriced in comparison. Big difference. There was no agenda to drive prices upward for any segment...which was a refreshing change for once.

One clear message he had is a common refrain around here: Buy what you like and you can't go wrong.thumbsup2.gif

He didn't say SA "looked cheap" per se. He was saying that BA and Modern OA was perhaps overpriced in comparison. Big difference. There was no agenda to drive prices upward for any segment...which was a refreshing change for once.

One clear message he had is a common refrain around here: Buy what you like and you can't go wrong.(thumbs up

Yeah,..thats what I said he said,..Silver Age Art looks cheap.

Will did a good job and all but his enthusiasm is a little 'wet down'. He's definitely more articulate than I would have thought but I defintely think I need to go on the Zone.

I would radiate the reasons in 'Stan Lee fashion' why this stuff is PLATINUM - DIPPED IN GOLD - BATTERED IN CASH masquerading as ART.

I think Will is too old school and plays it all too safe. He is too scared to communicate the true nature of how valuable this stuff is because godforbid he encourages someone to buy art and it doesnt go up.

In any event,..Vince,..pm if you are interested ; ) ,........Ill come on over during 'sweeps'.

One clear message he had is a common refrain around here: Buy what you like and you can't go wrong.(thumbs up

Will did a good job and all but his enthusiasm is a little 'wet down'. He's definitely more articulate than I would have thought but I defintely think I need to go on the Zone.

I would radiate the reasons in 'Stan Lee fashion' why this stuff is PLATINUM - DIPPED IN GOLD - BATTERED IN CASH masquerading as ART.

I think Will is too old school and plays it all too safe. He is too scared to

communicate the true nature of how valuable this stuff is because godforbid he encourages someone to buy art and it doesnt go up.

In any event,..Vince,..pm if you are interested ; ) ,........Ill come on over during 'sweeps'.

sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif

communicate the true nature of how valuable this stuff is because godforbid he encourages someone to buy art and it doesnt go up.

Macaca

Macaca

Royale - no KK flavored shill amnesty for you.

Macaca

The amnesty Architect is offering is a joke. THATS not Amnesty. Fess up,..and we'll kill you?

Its kinda like the State GOVT.saying...we are giving Amnesty FOR ALL tax dodgers...and than the Fed/ IRS comes in and says...gotcha!!!!...or saying w'ell'''give u amnesty..now you can pay all your back taxes since 1976.

Not a very compelling deal. If Arch made it sweeter,..I might take him up on it...but his Amnesty program is for suckers.

I want a FULL PARDON,...nothing less.

Macaca

The amnesty Architect is offering is a joke. THATS not Amnesty. Fess up,..and we'll kill you?

Its kinda like the State GOVT.saying...we are giving Amnesty FOR ALL tax dodgers...and than the Fed/ IRS comes in and says...gotcha!!!!...or saying w'ell'''give u amnesty..now you can pay all your back taxes since 1976.

Not a very compelling deal. If Arch made it sweeter,..I might take him up on it...but his Amnesty program is for suckers.

You're not worth Amnesty. And by the way - thanks for officially being bated into admitting you're a shill. Good job! thumbsup2.gif