• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tsunami

6 posts in this topic

Guess what? These books are actually quite good, at least the ones I've read so far. I'd initially written these off as another 'flood the shelves for market share' grab my Marvel.

MYSTIQUE is well written by Vaughan, and the Jorge Lucas artwork is clean and McFarlane-esque.

SENTINEL has some of the old Spidey feel.... the main character is well written and easy to relate to. I even find Udon's manga style to be comfortable to the eye, and I usually hate manga.

RUNAWAYS is another Vaughan book. The premise seems quite shaky, but the scripting and dialogue is crisp, so I've enjoyed this as well.

HUMAN TORCH has also been good. Big surprise!! Johnny has always been a one-dimensional character, so I didn't expect this to read as well as it has.

Anyone else agree? Disagree? Anyone read/reading NAMOR, VENOM, NEW MUTANTS, INHUMANS? Thoughts?

I'm with ya'..........

Mystique

Venom

New Mutants

Runaways

All good. cool.gif

Yes they are! With the exception of Venom (haven't read it, don't plan to), they're all truly enjoyable books... with Runaways being my personal favorite. Interesting premise with LOTS of room to grow!

I am getting Venom

I am enjoying it, but Venom hasn't really been in the book yet. Issue 2 Last panel is the first time you see him

I guess something good is gonna happen tongue.gif

Don't like the art that much though, but the front cover is cool