• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

low grade unrestored All Star 3 on Ebay ----your thoughts ??

46 posts in this topic

There is a fairly attractive looking low grade All Star 3 up for auction on Ebay now (link below). What do you guys think this book would potentially grade as if sent to CGC ( seller has good pics and description of flaws ), and what do you think its slabbed value may be, based on your opinion of its anticipated grade? I always wanted an affordable copy of this book cloud9.gif...and they are not growing on trees!

http://cgi.ebay.com/All-Star-Comics-3-DC...tem200047739451

There is a fairly attractive looking low grade All Star 3 up for auction on Ebay now (link below). What do you guys think this book would potentially grade as if sent to CGC ( seller has good pics and description of flaws ), and what do you think its slabbed value may be, based on your opinion of its anticipated grade? I always wanted an affordable copy of this book cloud9.gif...and they are not growing on trees!

With those spine splits, the tear on the back cover and the dust shadow.....2.0.

He also will be selling some ealry Detectives...

paging Rick!!!

With those spine splits, the tear on the back cover and the dust shadow.....2.0.

He also will be selling some ealry Detectives...

paging Rick!!!

hello all...

yep, I saw them ( all the early tecs,37 on, closed last week)...the only one I wanted that I missed out on (cuz a fellow board member got it), was the 37...

thanks

rick

FYI it is a legit auction and the Tec 37 was as advertised. The hole punch only affects the front cover and not the interior pages. Interior covers are not a fresh white though the staples were rust/dirt free. I figure a G/G+ given the splits but a nice copy and the pages look good but don't expect snow white.

Ed

Don't be nervous, I ain't getting involved. tongue.gif I have my eyes locked on a very specific prize... :

Don't keep us hanging brother....do tell!

In time, in time. wink.gif It's gonna be a good while yet (I should be selling quite a lot in the coming months), and I don't wanna jinx nuttin'. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

A 1.5 copy sold for $2,242 in 2005 and this looks like a nice 2.0 copy with very good eye appeal. Always wanted an early All Star book, expecially a key like this. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Have no fear I don't think I will be bidding on it. poke2.gif

this is exactly what I was looking for......thanks thumbsup2.gif

I slabbed and sold my copy a few months ago. It did not have as much eye appeal as this copy but did appear to be a possible G+ with nice colors. It also had a large amount of splitting at the spine. It came back a 1.5 with slightly brittle pages and sold on Comiclink for about $2800.

Hope this helps.

what happened at the bottom of the spine...is that rat chew? ( one of my all time favorite condition flaws, by the way....sounds a lot cooler than 'marvel chipping' or 'spine split' tongue.gif)

Rat chew and worm holes. But still a decent looking book. smile.gif

Nice Bill. It's all there . That is going to be one sharp book when Matt gets done with it .Can;t wait to see it when you post it. thumbsup2.gif When do you think you will get it back? BTW those pages look nice also.

Nice Bill. It's all there . That is going to be one sharp book when Matt gets done with it .Can;t wait to see it when you post it. thumbsup2.gif When do you think you will get it back? BTW those pages look nice also.

The pages are the best part. Matt will have it ready the first week in February. I'll post it then for comparison.