• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

will you be buying the superman returns dvd???

94 posts in this topic

I plan on getting that $99.00 14 disc box set which includes Superman Returns.

I bought it last nite at Target for $69.

Worth it just for the Superman 2 Donner cut with all the lost Marlon Brando footage.

yay.gif

yeah, that's the stuff I can't wait to see, the lost Donner footage....glad to see some places have it for $69.

14 disks? What is that?

It includes all the Superman movies.

Plus the Superman #1 Extended, and Superman 2 Extended cut.

So two versions of Superman #1, Two Versions of Superman #2 (Original, and extended)

Superman #3, and #4 (i thihnk there is a #4)and then Superman Returns.

Each movie has 2 disks each.

Considering it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen....no.

wow, strong words. just to get a guage on your idea of a good movie, what comic related movie have you enjoyed? for me it hasn't been many.

No, I still think Superman is the most boring comic character ever and didn't see the movie and won't buy the DVD. But that is just me....

I respect the Superman franchise, but to be honest I don't think he has aged as well as SA heroes such as Spider-man. Maybe it's just the whole "invincible" theme that separates us common mortals and allows us not to connect with him in a way that we all instantly do with Peter Parker and other more fallable characters. Wow, you have to watch out for this rare Kryptonite. Life's a beyotch, huh? I'd say the less "super" a hero is, the more we relate. That was the trend from the mid-sixties on. Heck, the current Heroes drama involves everyday people-colorful tights need not apply.

I wonder what my son's generation will be saying about Spider-man and superheroes in general.

The movie: not the best in the world, but definitely worth a rent-n-burn!

Considering it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen....no.

wow, strong words. just to get a guage on your idea of a good movie, what comic related movie have you enjoyed? for me it hasn't been many.

I liked all three X-Men movies, Spiderman 1 and 2 and Batman & Batman Begins. I wouldn't give any of them more than 3 out of 4 starts though.

The best comic book movies are non superhero though. Ghost World and American Splendor are both fantastic films.

14 disks? What is that?

So two versions of Superman #1, Two Versions of Superman #2 (Original, and extended)

Lord of the Rings they are not. I'd be curious to the added footage, and #3 and #4 are basically ignored b/c they really are bad--no offense to Reeve.

The best comic book movies are non superhero though. Ghost World and American Splendor are both fantastic films.

I haven't seen Ghost World, but American Splendor would be borderline on being considered a comic book movie. It was about a comic book creator and less about bringing the characters in a comic book to life, like Spider-Man, Superman, et. al.

A distinction should be apparent between the two types of films.

14 disks? What is that?

Yet it does not contain, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut. Which I watched last night. cloud9.gif

14 disks? What is that?

Yet it does not contain, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut. Which I watched last night. cloud9.gif

Yes it does:

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Ultimate-...=UTF8&s=dvd