• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill Amnesty - The Non-Public Option

51 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif that is one shocking revelation. who'd ever have thought...I know I had no clue about some of the shills and their "owners"

...It's just like"Blade Runner" Darth,...some of us don't even know we are shill I think,...I keep waiting for Harrison Ford to zap me,... blush.gif

893whatthe.gif that is one shocking revelation. who'd ever have thought...I know I had no clue about some of the shills and their "owners"

Same here. The most shocking one was seeing that Flaming_Telepath was the guy who posted under the shill ID "notthefirst" -- who was the poster who tried to pizz in Ian Levine's Cheerios when he finished his collection.

...It's just like"Blade Runner" Darth,...some of us don't even know we are shill I think,...I keep waiting for Harrison Ford to zap me,... blush.gif

How's that new comic Ponzi scheme coming along? You know, the one you're heading up with the local Eugene boys? poke2.gif What else are you gonna do up there to keep busy? tongue.gif

BTW am I gonna see you in Round 2? 893whatthe.gifstooges.gif

How's that new comic Ponzi scheme coming along? You know, the one you're heading up with the local Eugene boys? poke2.gif What else are you gonna do up there to keep busy? tongue.gif

BTW am I gonna see you in Round 2? 893whatthe.gifstooges.gif

...Terence and I are still marking out the teritory as we speak,...we should have a new grading company up and running by spring,...WHEEEEEE!,...9.8's and 9.9's for everyone!!... tongue.gif

weird practice shilling is if you ask me. The Wilson thing I guess I can understand, because it was primarily a humor thing. But some of the others....? Is it that the poster wanted to be able to say things that they felt, but were unwilling to share publicly using the name we all know them under? Sound a bit cowardly at best to me, and at worst psychopathic. confused-smiley-013.gif

I just saw Black Bolt was considered a shill.

This was created by my 17 year old brother-in-law when he was staying at my house.

I dont understand why it was considered a shill when it didnt even have a post logged on it?

Architects definition of a shill

"The term "shill" is generally used around here to refer to a fake account on ebay used to create bid competition. However, because of the association to "fake accounts" the term has been generalized on the boards to ALSO refer to fake accounts on the boards by established, banned or anonymous members. Those fake accounts are used for a variety of purposes, usually related to antagonizing someone or something under a cloak of anonymity. Sometimes it's a one-topic identity simply used to stir up controversy. In the case of banned members it's simply an attempt to come back and participate despite being banned.

These types of accounts are not allowed, and will be quickly banned from the boards."

How does BlackBolt fit into this?

I can see if it was used for nonsense but it was never even used.

I actually forgot about it until you posted it as a shill.

weird practice shilling is if you ask me. The Wilson thing I guess I can understand, because it was primarily a humor thing. But some of the others....? Is it that the poster wanted to be able to say things that they felt, but were unwilling to share publicly using the name we all know them under? Sound a bit cowardly at best to me, and at worst psychopathic. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep.

One of these days Arch is gonna' have to figure out who Wilson is.....cause he obviously hasn't done it yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
If you haven't seen any of Wilson's recent posts he may have already been deleted during that non-public phase of amnesty. confused-smiley-013.gif So there wouldn't be any public record of the delete.

Arch doesn't post every deleted shill. For example T-bone was a Krazy Kat shill that apparently got deleted but there's no record of it.

KK wrote to me as CarnivalBarker and told me about it. (and he would know)

He thought Arch was tired of giving him publicity. 27_laughing.gif

Although I haven't received any PM's from KK lately 893scratchchin-thumb.gif this may be a rare time when he isn't on the boards. confused-smiley-013.gif

The thing though, is that Arch officially listed Wilson as a shill account of mine. I'd have no problem taking the credit for such a creative shill, but it does tell me that Arch is still just guessing in a number of cases. Maybe I'll get credit for Wertham too, when Arch figures out that that account has got to go too.

Well, Wertham isn't going anywhere since Steve B. came out on his side. I have yet to see any mod go against his wishes confused-smiley-013.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think I said something to the extent that I thought he/she was harmless and funny but, I would go with whatever the mods wanted. I just do not care.

Oh, and ....................welcome back Brad! smile.gifyay.gif

The other day in trying to answer aman619's "How Many Are We?" question, I took a look at all the registered users here, sorted by post count. Something like 8000 user names here. About 2000 of them have zero posts.

Sleeper Shills! 893whatthe.gif