• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KILLER FF # 12 cgc 9.2!!!!!

57 posts in this topic

"I WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL FOR THIS AUCTION UNLESS THE WINNER WISHES TO ADD 3% TO THE TOTAL TO OFFSET PAYPAL FEES."

893naughty-thumb.gif That's illegal in California where this seller is located. 3% on a $5600 book adds up to alot. 893censored-thumb.gif

"I WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL FOR THIS AUCTION UNLESS THE WINNER WISHES TO ADD 3% TO THE TOTAL TO OFFSET PAYPAL FEES."

893naughty-thumb.gif That's illegal in California where this seller is located. 3% on a $5600 book adds up to alot. 893censored-thumb.gif

that is correct BOC, im just waiting for eBay to pull that auction. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice book, shame such a poor picture. Saw a real sharp raw one in VF go for about a $1000 recently.

At a recent show more than 1 seller required a "surcharge" when paying my cc. So this just doesn't happen on ebay to pass down the PP fees to the buyer. I was appalled to say the least. Never heard of this happening when buying any other merchandise, just a comic-specific thing?

No it's every where.. it's just with major retailers who sell in large volumes the price is either built into the sell price OR the 3 percent is small compared to the volume (against their profit margin) so they can afford to cover it.

Brian

That's one outrageous price. I remember this copy selling about a year ago...I'm sure I have the previous price paid on my home computer, but I'm not there in front of it right now to look it up.

That's one outrageous price. I remember this copy selling about a year ago...

Nope, it sold for the same price as the opening bid. The reserve was cracked at $5600. I believe Comgeek was the seller and he had a BIN of $6500 or something like that. It explains why he insists on the surcharge.

The price is not outrageous, but less than half of that for a 9.0 is the better buy IMO. But of course, I can't see the copy because of the scan, so it's tough to say whether or not this copy is worth double the 9.0 price.

It won't be up for long. I was a bad rabbit and reported him for the Paypal thing. Here's the response.

Thank you for taking time to report this item.

We appreciate your effort to help us maintain a safe trading environment.

eBay wants you to know that this item has already been reported and is currently under investigation. Please allow us 36 hours to complete our investigation.

If you would still like to report this item, please click on the Submit Anyway button below.

I said no. People like this irritate me to no end. I'd love to get a 3% bounce on all of my auctions. mad.gif

Yeah, it's not a crazy price. High but not crazy. If I remember correctly, there's only one better copy (owned by Brulato), so basically it's the best available...

I could give a rat's [!@#%^&^] if he charges a surcharge to use Paypal. I know it's "illegal" to do so, but you as the buyer can choose to either accept those rules and bid on the auction, or don't bid on it if you don't like it. I don't accept Paypal anymore because it's not worth my money to do so. Selling a $5,000 comic and accepting Paypal would end up costing you $150 in fees. All so you can have your money 2 days sooner?

I could give a rat's [!@#%^&^] if he charges a surcharge to use Paypal. I know it's "illegal" to do so, but you as the buyer can choose to either accept those rules and bid on the auction, or don't bid on it if you don't like it. I don't accept Paypal anymore because it's not worth my money to do so. Selling a $5,000 comic and accepting Paypal would end up costing you $150 in fees. All so you can have your money 2 days sooner?

Don't put the "illegal" in quotes. It is in fact AGAINST THE LAW to do this in California. There's real laws on the books against this sort of thing.

Don't put the "illegal" in quotes. It is in fact AGAINST THE LAW to do this in California. There's real laws on the books against this sort of thing.

Why not just make the intial bid $5800, allow paypal and ship it for free???

I would think a buyer would view this in a more positive light and have a higher tendancy to bid.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Whoopy to do - California has a law against it! Sounds like the paypal lobbyists are in good with the legislators there. Who cares. As far as I know the other 49 states and assorted other nations don't have such laws.

Whoopy to do - California has a law against it! Sounds like the paypal lobbyists are in good with the legislators there. Who cares. As far as I know the other 49 states and assorted other nations don't have such laws.

I thought you were an attorney. I'm not, and it took me approximately four seconds to find that you know wrong. It has nothing to do with "the paypal lobbyists", and the auction is based in California.

STATES THAT PROHIBIT CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES

The following states prohibit merchants from adding surcharges to credit card transactions

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Florida

Kansas

Maine

Massachusetts

New York

Oklahoma

Texas

Adding a surcharge for Paypal is also expressly prohibited by eBay:

Payment: Surcharges

Sellers may not charge eBay buyers an additional fee for their use of ordinary forms of payment, including acceptance of checks, money orders, electronic transfers or credit cards. Such costs should be built into the price of the item-this policy reduces the potential for confusion among bidders about the true cost of an item. Further, some forms of payment surcharges, such as credit card surcharges, are forbidden under the laws of many states, including California.

What the seller in this auction is doing is 1) illegal in California 2) expressly against eBay policy and you're OK with it?

there are plenty of sellers that ask that u email them prior to using paypal and then they tell u about the 3%. i can understand it on a large purchase but anything under $500 should not be charged IMO.