• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brad Pitt signs the dotted line to play Captain America

21 posts in this topic

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12366684,00.html

BRAD EYES UP SUPERHERO

Sky News gossip guru Neil Sean delivers the latest showbiz news:

Brad Pitt is currently filming his latest epic Helen of Troy in Malta.

But I can reveal that the star plans a whole different direction for his career next year.

My spies tell me that Brad has inked on the dotted line to play Captain America in a big screen adventure film.

He said: "I wanted to make an all-out family movie - something that all ages can go to.

"And as a child it was my favourite comic."

Still, don't fret too much that Brad is leaving behind the bad boy roles.

He also plans to team up again with Madonna's hubby Guy Ritchie in a follow up to their mega-successful collaboration Snatch.

Khaos,

go suck your wifes 893censored-thumb.gif

Arg! Your biting banter has wounded me, sir! This evidence of your superior intellect has dashed my hopes of ever besting you in a contest of what I assumed to be nothing more than badinage, friend!

I wonder when Cruise will sign on for a role.......

Somebody mentioned Tom Cruise and Iron Man to me a few weeks ago. I think that would be pretty interesting. He could get John Woo to direct him again and could have Iron Man doing lots of front flips.

"And as a child it was my favourite comic

Notice everytime a hollywood actor makes a superhero movie and a big name actor gets cast it's always "oh,that just so happens to be my favorite comic character"

And as a child it was my favourite comic

Notice everytime a hollywood actor makes a superhero movie and a big name actor gets cast it's always "oh,that just so happens to be my favorite comic character"

Except Sylvester Stallone in "Judge Dredd", he strictly know nothing about the comic book grin.gif

Brad Pitt is an excellent actor, with a terrific resume. Anyone's who has seen 12 Monkees, Snatch, True Romance, Legends of the Fall, Oceans 11, Fight Club, Se7en, etc, etc knows this. However, the concern about his lack of bulk to play the captain is realistic. He is a slight guy. Russell Crowe and Heath Ledger have more of the build for the role and could just as easily pass for Steve Rogers as Brad could and both are also fine actors. Still, if Pitt does bulk up for Troy, he would fit the role better (pun intended). And, if not, that's still not necessarily a killer; after all, Michael Keaton was hardly Mr. Universe when he suited up as Batman.