• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"There's no need to slab my comics"

86 posts in this topic

Self funding hobby cloud9.gif

Me too. cloud9.gif

Thats what I gotta do!

I just don't wanna offend anybody by selling a book I got off them.

If you have any qualms about it, just ask the person. That's what I do when I need to flip a new book quickly in order to pay for something else. In the past the original seller always appreciated me checking with them first and never had any problem with what I was doing.

I know I couldn't care less if someone buys a book from me straight up (without using any lines) and tries to sell it for a profit. More power to them. Others feel differently though, which is why I sometimes check first.

Check PM's devil.gif27_laughing.gif

Any dickwad who died with no life insurance, and no real savings, yet had over a million dollars in comic books (that he hides from his wife) should NOT be giving advice to any of us.

P.S. This goof is NOT related to me in any way.

Gawd.

I don't have a wife and kids a still got enough life insurance to cover my arse.

foreheadslap.gif

If you are married,and don't want to leave something to your girlfriend,alma mata, ect,ect,a will is not really needed.

Your wife inherits everything.

If you are not married,you parents get everything.

Assumming they will follow your wishes,a simple letter saying you want X to go to Y and A to go to B is sufficent.,

If you are married,and don't want to leave something to your girlfriend,alma mata, ect,ect,a will is not really needed.

Your wife inherits everything.

If you are not married,you parents get everything.

Assumming they will follow your wishes,a simple letter saying you want X to go to Y and A to go to B is sufficent.,

You're probabaly right, but....it's always better to have things in writing.

I'm no lawyer, but probate isn't what's it's cracked up to be. Creditors will come a calling, and safe deposit boxes will remain unopened for a little while.

If you are married,there shouldn't be probate.

"Shouldn't"? What are the cases when there is probate when your married?

Isn't it better to have all things documented, where's this, where's that, who get's this, who get's that.....don't you want to have a little bit of say what goes on with your kids etc. Sure you could give everything to your wife, unless she's in the car with you when you go over the cliff.

Get a will made, you never know. Who's going to watch the kids and care for their education?

Isn't it better to have all things documented, where's this, where's that, who get's this, who get's that.....don't you want to have a little bit of say what goes on with your kids etc. Sure you could give everything to your wife, unless she's in the car with you when you go over the cliff.

Get a will made, you never know. Who's going to watch the kids and care for their education?

Get a will. Sage advice.

Everything you made after marriage goes to wifey. Everything before should go to where you say your will says. Also, do you want your comics to go to your widowed wifes next husband or to your kids? Wills take care of things like that as does communication.

Ed

Everything you made after marriage goes to wifey. Everything before should go to where you say your will says. Also, do you want your comics to go to your widowed wifes next husband or to your kids? Wills take care of things like that as does communication.

Ed

Again, not true in all jurisdictions, unless you are presupposing that there are no decedents. If it as this scenario presented (without children involved) then it is true that all assets pass automatically to the spouse (so I guess you were supposing that... in which case my first statement isn't entirely accurate). In some jurisdictions this remains true regardless of whether or not there are children.

A will is good, but if your estate as some $ you should also consider setting up a trust to avoid probate when it comes time to leaving it to your kids in case both spouses die....