• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non Payer Alert

220 posts in this topic

In the spirit of forum unity, I wanted to let the board know about a member who after making me wait a month for a payment, decided to back out of a $30 deal due to "mail" problems. Herald2Galactus.

I won't go into anymore details, just posting to let people know of my experience.

I was going to let this be water under the bridge, figuring that maybe he just forgot and I also became busy and neglected to follow up with him, but after seeing this post, I decided it might be a problem others may want to avoid. Herald2Galactus also failed to send me a payment of $110 for a purchase on the boards.

Seems like a trend then.

After experiencing various "mail problems" he also never sent payment on a $45 book.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

any mail people want to chime in? confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif

foreheadslap.gif

vulture-4a.jpg

foreheadslap.gif

Unless I know the person, and live close enough to drive over, NOBODY is getting books before payment has arrived.

That being said have emails to H2G be sent and answered lately?

Did you guys send him the books before receiving payment??

what difference does that make? confused-smiley-013.gif

uhmmmm... it's a world of difference... normally a seller waits to be paid before sending a book to a buyer. Now you'd be out your books. If he just didn't pay and you still have the books then it's a done deal, cross him off the list and sell it to someone else. But it appears as though many people have been conned by him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and at this point assume something unforeseen has happened. ie. evicted, lost job etc. Hopefully he comes around to save face.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and at this point assume something unforeseen has happened. ie. evicted, lost job etc. Hopefully he comes around to save face.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif He posted in the Kudos thread last night.

I sold h2g a bunch of books and shipped them in advance of payment. I usually do this as a courtesy for board members, but for any number of reasons will probably be ending this practice as it seems to open the door to headaches, even with well-meaning forumites.

We've had transactions before with no problems. It took extra time this time around, but he did indeed make good on the payment.

I'm not thrilled that he's left everyone hanging... frown.gif ...but I have some faith that he'll come back and make it right with you guys.