• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non Payer Alert

220 posts in this topic

I guess business should come before friendship but It's only "money"!

If a seller wants to shrink their customer base by messing up a deal with me then they lose me as a customer. Ask any seller here I've dealt with i am a customer who come back to shop.

You pay fast as well. hail.gif

If a seller wants to shrink their customer base by messing up a deal with me then they lose me as a customer. Ask any seller here I've dealt with i am a customer who come back to shop.

I didn't know I could deffer payment until a later date. foreheadslap.gif

And for the record, my LCS will let me take books anytime I want and pay him later gossip.gif

Same here, he knows me very well and knows that he will be paid without having to remind me or worry

Same way with my LCS. Its all about trust. It is about honor. It is about your word meaning something to you. It has to be earned and can be lost quickly.

I've had to remind my LCS a couple of times that I owed him money. crazy.gif

You could but only because of that pm you sent about the Canadian government having nothing to do with SWB. thumbsup2.gif

You could but only because of that pm you sent about the Canadian government having nothing to do with SWB. thumbsup2.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

When Mike Richardson (Dark Horse Comics) used to be "only" a comic shop dealer, he let me walk off with tons of stuff that I paid him for later. He eventually made the big time, and I'm glad he did - he's a great guy and a hard worker, and obviously has some faith in trust.

Maybe trust is a genetic trait? I move to a suburb of Portland in '86, just as DHK was starting. Pat, Mike's brother, ran the store in Beaverton. I occassionally ran his daily deposits to the bank! gossip.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

gossip.gif

Truth is there are a lot of bad fish in this pond and "outing" them is more likely to get everyone on your back then commending you for doing the community a service. Sad really.

It may seem that way, but I really appreciate knowing who to avoid.

I guarantee you that I will never knowingly sell a book to h2g or comcasthawk based on events here.

For your information, me and Andy made "nice-nice" with each other and let by-gones be by-gones. I offerered the "olive branch"(and Andy was cool with it) as I thought it was the best thing to do because I did not want to contaminate the WTB forum with negativity. I knew he wasn't a bad guy and I did not want to start "trouble" as I like the WTB forum and members. We can all agree that we have sometimes made jerks of ourselves on the interenet at least once or twice...............

As for not "selling" me a book, I always pay right away(Paypal or cash-in-mail), so please do not be afraid to deal with me..........................

When Mike Richardson (Dark Horse Comics) used to be "only" a comic shop dealer, he let me walk off with tons of stuff that I paid him for later. He eventually made the big time, and I'm glad he did - he's a great guy and a hard worker, and obviously has some faith in trust.

Maybe trust is a genetic trait? I move to a suburb of Portland in '86, just as DHK was starting. Pat, Mike's brother, ran the store in Beaverton. I occassionally ran his daily deposits to the bank! gossip.gif

Pat was great too - I remember at one Portland convention I was trying to buy a FF 55 in NM+ off him and I was shoving the asking price at him. "No, no," he said, "you want a discount." I said, "No - I want the book - the price is fine." To which he said, "No, no, you get a 20% discount." And I did.

P.S. I made it out to the store in Beaverton a few times, Lloyd Street or something like that. We were just up to Forest Grove a month ago for the 1A/2A Volleyball Championships - I thought of the store as we were driving through Beaverton.

Truth is there are a lot of bad fish in this pond and "outing" them is more likely to get everyone on your back then commending you for doing the community a service. Sad really.

I guarantee you that I will never knowingly sell a book to h2g or comcasthawk based on events here.

For your information, me and Andy made "nice-nice" with each other and let by-gones be by-gones. I offerered the "olive branch"(and Andy was cool with it) as I thought it was the best thing to do because I did not want to contaminate the WTB forum with negativity. I knew he wasn't a bad guy and I did not want to start "trouble" as I like the WTB forum and members. We can all agree that we have sometimes made jerks of ourselves on the interenet at least once or twice...............

As for not "selling" me a book, I always pay right away(Paypal or cash-in-mail), so please do not be afraid to deal with me..........................

when i saw October sell to you in a thread about a month or so ago, i figured you must be a good guy...or 'Drew was flat busted and desperate confused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gif

when i saw October sell to you in a thread about a month or so ago, i figured you must be a good guy...or 'Drew was flat busted and desperate confused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gif

Ha, ha, ha,.............I don't think anyone in this forum is "busted"..

For your information, me and Andy made "nice-nice" with each other and let by-gones be by-gones. I offerered the "olive branch"(and Andy was cool with it) as I thought it was the best thing to do because I did not want to contaminate the WTB forum with negativity. I knew he wasn't a bad guy and I did not want to start "trouble" as I like the WTB forum and members. We can all agree that we have sometimes made jerks of ourselves on the interenet at least once or twice...

27_laughing.gif I think you got that one . . . as they say bass-ackwards insane.gif

For your information, me and Andy made "nice-nice" with each other and let by-gones be by-gones. I offerered the "olive branch"(and Andy was cool with it) as I thought it was the best thing to do because I did not want to contaminate the WTB forum with negativity. I knew he wasn't a bad guy and I did not want to start "trouble" as I like the WTB forum and members. We can all agree that we have sometimes made jerks of ourselves on the interenet at least once or twice...

27_laughing.gif I think you got that one . . . as they say bass-ackwards insane.gif

I wasn't talking about Andy. I was talking about myself. Unlike some people, I don't "talk" about other people I have never met and I don't play that game anyway...........

I wasn't talking about Andy. I was talking about myself. Unlike some people, I don't "talk" about other people I have never met and I don't play that game anyway...........

Who've you met? insane.gif

poke2.gif

Maybe it was both. makepoint.gif

nah. no chance 27_laughing.gif