• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stores in Chicago

9 posts in this topic

Thanks - looks like a really cool store. I'll actually be staying in Prospect Heights, but I'd hate to fly all the way out there and not see something of Chicago. Hopefully the round-trip taxi charge won't be too steep.

Thanks - looks like a really cool store. I'll actually be staying in Prospect Heights, but I'd hate to fly all the way out there and not see something of Chicago. Hopefully the round-trip taxi charge won't be too steep.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Prospect Heights is pretty far north. A cab won't be cheap. crazy.gif

Might be better off riding the L from O'Hare or something.

In Mt. Prospect (just a few miles from Prospect Heights) in Randhurst Shopping Center (big mall), there's a Comix Revolution.

No GA, SA, or BA, but they have the best selection (right up there with Chicago Comics) of new books including indies.

Keith's Komix in Schaumburg (about 10 miles away) has more back issues.

In Mt. Prospect (just a few miles from Prospect Heights) in Randhurst Shopping Center (big mall), there's a Comix Revolution.

No GA, SA, or BA, but they have the best selection (right up there with Chicago Comics) of new books including indies.

Keith's Komix in Schaumburg (about 10 miles away) has more back issues.

Thanks - the Comix Revolution sounds like it will be a lot easier to get to though it would be nice to get in and see some of downtown Chicago while I'm in the area. Anyone know which station on the blue line is closest to Chicago Comics?

Are you looking for silver and bronze back issues? If so then Chicago Comics is the ONLY decent store I have been to downtown or in the suburbs with a decent selection of that stuff....and I have been to dozens.

Like Moondog said, Comix Revolution is good for newer stuff. Keith's has some decent bronze and modern back issues, but not much before that. Keith's is also near Dreamland (just moderns) and Gotham City (some SA and BA).

Another bonus with Chicago Comics is the neighborhood. Lots of cool stores near there like The Alley and Strange Cargo (as well as one of my favorite bars in the city, the L&L Tavern). Wrigley Field is also right down the block.