• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRICE REDUCED! Golden Age Superman #100 very solid 3.0 with GREAT eye appeal!

12 posts in this topic

Up for sale is a copy of Superman #100 from 1955. I recently posted this up on the grading forum and the consensus was a 3.0 although a few gave it a 3.5 and NOBODY went lower than 3.0. This looks like a solid 4.0, maybe 4.5 BUT the cover has popped from the bottom staple and is pulling a little but still firm at the top staple. Very bright colors with a tight centerfold and off-white pages.

Overall a nice-looking lower-grade copy of a KEY issue!

Overstreet lists this at $316.50 in Good/Very Good but the first takeit.gif

can have it for $235! news.gifPRICE LOWERED TO $200 SHIPPED! news.gif

Superman100.jpg

Superman100b.jpg

If I didn't have one already I would buy this. Price seems good. Someone will come along and grab it I'm sure.

Thanks Filter, I'm sure you are right...guess I should just be patient... sleeping.gif

Surprised that hasn't gone, too. Nice for the grade, presents well, priced well.....

If I didn't have one already I would buy this. Price seems good. Someone will come along and grab it I'm sure.

Thanks Filter, I'm sure you are right...guess I should just be patient... sleeping.gif

Surprised that hasn't gone, too. Nice for the grade, presents well, priced well.....

agreed, maybe in this case the boards aren't the best place to sell this. I have had my midgrade copy for twenty years...I just love this book.

agreed, maybe in this case the boards aren't the best place to sell this. I have had my midgrade copy for twenty years...I just love this book.

Maybe it is just bad timing here because of the Holidays? If not here, any ideas where to sell? (I don't really want to risk giving it away on eBay and it seems reserve auctions rarely do well).

I'm not really that much into GA stuff...I got a good deal on this but would rather have some nice SA or high grade BA books instead. So I guess I should say that trade offers would certainly be welcome! thumbsup2.gif

Maybe it is just bad timing here because of the Holidays?

Yep. December & January are always the worst months when it comes to selling comics. People are saving for the holidays, all the major auctions and conventions have drained peoples' wallets etc. And so far this has been the worst December I can remember since I've been buying and selling comics. I've listed a number of books that I have no doubt would normally have been snatched up within days, and haven't been able to sell anything.

If you aren't in a hurry to sell, wait until February or March and relist it.

I always consider December to be a strong month though January can be bad. In December one gets a lot of people buying gifts and also Christmas makes people want to reconnect with their past. Or give their kids what they had. Disney sales are through the roof this month for us, for instance. Plus I get the feeling a lot of people know they aren't going to get what they want for Christmas so they take it into their own hands!

Maybe it's the higher priced comics that are slower in December? I could really believe that.

Marc

Maybe it is just bad timing here because of the Holidays?

Yep. December & January are always the worst months when it comes to selling comics. People are saving for the holidays, all the major auctions and conventions have drained peoples' wallets etc. And so far this has been the worst December I can remember since I've been buying and selling comics. I've listed a number of books that I have no doubt would normally have been snatched up within days, and haven't been able to sell anything.

If you aren't in a hurry to sell, wait until February or March and relist it.

Hear hear! I can't seem to sell anything on here and I don't feel my prices are too high confused-smiley-013.gif

Not to mention I've never had one complaint about grading. confused-smiley-013.gif