• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Brave and the Bold #28

25 posts in this topic

Wow... so about a 4.5, eh? Ouch. I bought this book from Motor City Comics at SD con this week advertised as FN/VF. Of course, I'm to blame for thinking it was a 7.0.

But you know, I think VG+ may be too low a grade. It's very flat, back cover is nice and clean, with the exception of that tear! I'm leaning toward a 5.5

I don't think you can get better than a 4.0 with the peripheral wear along with the multiple book-length creases. frown.gif Maybe 4.5 if you get lucky, but I wouldn't go that high. I can't believe that Motor City called this a 7.0. That is crazy. foreheadslap.gif

definitely agree with both of Scott's points here. not sure how a professional could call this a 7.0 with a straight face............. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'd call this a 4.0. Great scans, by the way. Why aren't you satisfied with them? They're excellent.

Yeah, I'd call it a 4.0 . . . gossip.gif If I were buying it 27_laughing.gif

There's no way this book falls from graces all the way down to a 4.0 (Now who's being overly harsh on mid-grades?) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow... so about a 4.5, eh? Ouch. I bought this book from Motor City Comics at SD con this week advertised as FN/VF. Of course, I'm to blame for thinking it was a 7.0.

But you know, I think VG+ may be too low a grade. It's very flat, back cover is nice and clean, with the exception of that tear! I'm leaning toward a 5.5

I don't think you can get better than a 4.0 with the peripheral wear along with the multiple book-length creases. frown.gif Maybe 4.5 if you get lucky, but I wouldn't go that high. I can't believe that Motor City called this a 7.0. That is crazy. foreheadslap.gif

7.0 is absolutely crazy, but if you call this a 4.0 . . . back up the truck baby! insane.gif

It presents as a 5.0 or slightly better. The eye appeal exceeds that of a 4.0 or many 4.5's, despite you having unfortunately purchasing it as a 7.0. Structurally, however, I don't think FFB is all that far off the mark. Based on the scan, I think it would grade 4.5 at CGC, with a longshot at 5.0

-Jim