• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT but still very much on...marvel:ULTIMATE ALLIANCE

29 posts in this topic

You have to admit though that the enemies in Legends II were more annoying than challenging... you spend 70% of the game killing giant bugs.

While the puzzles in Marvel Alliance are insanely easy, at least you have to think a little bit to advance, instead of the usual nonstop button-mashing fights. JMO.

I really didn't notice to be honest, I was too happy smashing doors wide open with Juggernaut and flying with Magneto 40 billion times. But yeah, there was alot of annoying points in the game, alot of which was simply repeated with MA. Don't get me wrong, the roster is amazing, I just wish they fine tuned it up a little bit, made getting powers exciting and actually requiring you to use the roster to it's full advantage rather then smash smash smash again. I tolerated it with legends 2 because it was fresh (I didn't play part 1) and in my mind, MA just feels like a rehash with all the same glaring problems but with a better cast. Legends had it's share of "puzzles" too but neither game really delved much into it, which suited me just fine, since when does Nightcrawler need to find a key to get past a door?

They could do so much better with the roster, i'm hoping if/when they make a second, they'll give the battle system a complete overhaul, fix the dam frickin camera, make the missions....good and worthwhile to do and allow the roster to fully use the powers we see in the comics, we are the core audience aren't we? I'm not saying have Thor destroy a ship with a blink of the eye, but a bit more expansive would be nice.

I know it's a game and all, but it's a bit insulting to the characters themselves when they impose limits like they did in both games, especially MA. I like having Surfer, Thing, Spider-Man and many more but why not utilize them fully? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I totally get what you're saying. thumbsup2.gif

One of the most annoying things about MA is characters not being able to use their powers adequately (i.e. Deadpool can't go through certain doors/walls). Best character (IMO) is Storm, only complaint is you don't see an actual change/ enhancement in superpower graphics after upgrades (I would like to see more sparks, some smoke and bigger lightning bolts the more you upgrade). Some harder and more relevant, comic-related puzzles would be nice too.

You should try Legends I... its still the best in my opinion. Didn't seem as predictable.

You have to admit though that the enemies in Legends II were more annoying than challenging... you spend 70% of the game killing giant bugs.

While the puzzles in Marvel Alliance are insanely easy, at least you have to think a little bit to advance, instead of the usual nonstop button-mashing fights. JMO.

I really didn't notice to be honest, I was too happy smashing doors wide open with Juggernaut and flying with Magneto 40 billion times. But yeah, there was alot of annoying points in the game, alot of which was simply repeated with MA. Don't get me wrong, the roster is amazing, I just wish they fine tuned it up a little bit, made getting powers exciting and actually requiring you to use the roster to it's full advantage rather then smash smash smash again. I tolerated it with legends 2 because it was fresh (I didn't play part 1) and in my mind, MA just feels like a rehash with all the same glaring problems but with a better cast. Legends had it's share of "puzzles" too but neither game really delved much into it, which suited me just fine, since when does Nightcrawler need to find a key to get past a door?

They could do so much better with the roster, i'm hoping if/when they make a second, they'll give the battle system a complete overhaul, fix the dam frickin camera, make the missions....good and worthwhile to do and allow the roster to fully use the powers we see in the comics, we are the core audience aren't we? I'm not saying have Thor destroy a ship with a blink of the eye, but a bit more expansive would be nice.

I know it's a game and all, but it's a bit insulting to the characters themselves when they impose limits like they did in both games, especially MA. I like having Surfer, Thing, Spider-Man and many more but why not utilize them fully? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I totally get what you're saying. thumbsup2.gif

One of the most annoying things about MA is characters not being able to use their powers adequately (i.e. Deadpool can't go through certain doors/walls). Best character (IMO) is Storm, only complaint is you don't see an actual change/ enhancement in superpower graphics after upgrades (I would like to see more sparks, some smoke and bigger lightning bolts the more you upgrade). Some harder and more relevant, comic-related puzzles would be nice too.

You should try Legends I... its still the best in my opinion. Didn't seem as predictable.

Even something as small as better graphics for upgraded powers would have been fine with me, it's the little things that count. Imagine having say Cyclops with a small beam for his opening power, and with a fully powered optical blast, covers a small chunk of the screen, not too difficult really is it? My main gripe outside of the camera was that it didn't feel like you were playing with superheroes, it was like superheroes castrated. (Now THAT would be a hell of a plot) To limit those small powers like jumping through a wall or smashing a door down is insulting your characters and the gamer itself in my opinion. I can obviously understand that they need to create a challenge in making you work for that lever or key to open the door, but when your roster consists of the surfer, thor and many heroes with insane powers that are shown in the opening FMV and then you realize you'll never be able to use them is just a slap in the face.

Deadpool is actually my favorite Marvel character and to say I was disappointed with his powers is an understatement, it's obvious they can't release everything but even improved visuals and nicer looking abilities and the ability to actually those powers properly would have made the game much more enjoyable for me. As it stands, MA is just a rehash that fails to impress, back to FFXII I suppose.

I'll have to give the first one a shot for sure, I picked the 2nd because of the chance to use the brotherhood and the x-men at the same time thumbsup2.gif

If they make a second MA i'll gladly give it a chance. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I played it on my PSP twice. with completly different roster

Game is same. No replay value

A team with Thor, Iron Man, Captain Marvel and Captain America should Mop floor over everyone

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Movie Clip 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b21U_lsIlmQ&mode=related&search=

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Movie Clip 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XwoOEzxhugA&mode=related&search=

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Movie Clip 3

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FuMKLrdoO8k&mode=related&search=

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Movie Clip 4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uVQuMII1bAE&mode=related&search=

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Movie Clip 5

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M2dJWQ2FSac&mode=related&search=

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - PS3 Launch Trailer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UCYR-ipvwq4&mode=related&search=

Marvel Ultimate Alliance Avengers - Actual Gameplay

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4i_OPj1YyRQ

Marvel Video Games Montage

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hrIdmy1kQ0I&mode=related&search=

Wife and I played the game for 45 hours in one week... a very enjoyable game for casual gamers...

Only found one truly "broken" part of the game... The mission in Mephisto's Realm where you fight Demon Leapers (and eventually have to lower the tower into the lava pool) is waaaaaaaayyyy too easy to get XP...

We restarted the game after beating Doom, raced through the early rounds to get back to Mephisto, and started that mission at level 14 or so. Within an hour, all our characters were around level 50. No attempt to win the mission, just way too easy to build XP. Having enemies that instantaneously spawn when you kill one of their brethren makes for sick Extreme combos. We were playing the FF, and Reed's attack would kill one, which caused another to spawn even before Ben's attack began, and so on, and so on...

The game gets a little button-smashy at times, but there is something about playing Dr Strange and turning enemies into crates. thumbsup2.gif

I've enjoyed this game. In fact, I was wanting to do an XBox Live game with forumites, but completely forgot until just now. (I don't believe in ADD but if I did, I'd probably think I had it.)

At any rate, this is a good game. I enjoy playing it with my stepson a great deal, and indeed have played it on my own many times.

I also give the highest recommendation to Lego Star Wars II as far as family gaming goes. My wife and I have logged HOURS on that stupid thing, and plan on playing much more!!

One of the things I liked most was how "friendly" it was for random groups of people... I had friends over who had watched a couple comic book movies and had no other experience and then had a good time. Even very casual gamers can feel like they are doing well in multi-player with it.

I hope they do a native PS3 followup thumbsup2.gif