• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does "Fanboy" mean?

33 posts in this topic

A fanboy is someone so enamored with a person or thing, that negative comments towards their object of affection are taken as personal insults.

For example, I think Spider-man is the best super-hero movie I've ever seen, but I can easily take jabs on the stupid Green Goblin costume or criticism of other parts. I am not personally invested in it - it's just a freaking movie.

Fanboys cannot make that distinction, and they are deeply and personally invested in "it". If someone hammers on their fave comic, movie, creator, actor, etc., then it takes on the guise of a personal attack, and the fanboy will reply in kind.

Hi, my name is.........................

If you go into a three month long state of depression when a title you like get cancelled, then you must be a fanboy.

If you go to a convention, but forget to shower before the second day of the event and the third, you must be a fanboy.

If you start talking about comic book artists and writers with sentences such as Godlike, Apocaliptical while standing in line for 8 hours before a convention opens to meet them, then are so out of shape you can't rush to the line and miss out anyway, then you must be a fanboy.

If you're at a comic convention in a superhero getup and you stay in character. You're a fanboy.

If you wrote this....well.....maybe I have a little fanboy in me too.

I know you guys are just being dorks, but even the most prolific poster and HG magnate on here, is far from a fanboy. Slam a DC 100-pager, and he might give you a quick "emoticon glare" but it's not personal to him, and he knows they're just comics.

A fanboy cannot separate himself personally from his object of affection, and will get seriously upset and angry when anyone speaks ill of their fan fave.

To illustrate this, go on www.starwars.com and tell everyone how much the POS Prequels sucked. Then you'll see true fanboys in the wild.

Wasn't FANBOY a member of the LEGION OF NON-SUBSTITUTE HEROES. grin.gif

And as for Green Goblins costume in the 1st Spidey movie that everyone rags about. I seen post production photos of Goblin in that same costume but with a red color type pullover sleeveless vest, and he looked more like the comic version. It was the director that decided to have him without the vest. Bad choise on his part.

Is it a term of endearment or a put down?

I have seen this word for a while now and I was just wondering what your definition of it is.

If you read wizard while have s..x you are fanboy..............

A fanboy is someone so enamored with a person or thing, that negative comments towards their object of affection are taken as personal insults.

For example, I think Spider-man is the best super-hero movie I've ever seen, but I can easily take jabs on the stupid Green Goblin costume or criticism of other parts. I am not personally invested in it - it's just a freaking movie.

Fanboys cannot make that distinction, and they are deeply and personally invested in "it". If someone hammers on their fave comic, movie, creator, actor, etc., then it takes on the guise of a personal attack, and the fanboy will reply in kind.

what the hell is wrong with goblins costume

what the hell is wrong with goblins costume

It's was to green so it hurt J_C's eyes. 27_laughing.gif

Is it a term of endearment or a put down?

I have seen this word for a while now and I was just wondering what your definition of it is.

If you read wizard while have s..x you are fanboy..............

Howz about if you just read Wizard plain and simple???? Darn the sox....,