• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Year Long GA Holiday Comics Thread

42 posts in this topic

I was so busy admiring this cover, I forgot to ask my question.

Did Leon Schlesinger actually draw any comic books? Is this Chase Craig?

Jack

looney tunes 15

Leon was the producer and from what I've read hardly involved in the artistic aspects of producing the Warner Bros cartoons.

...I will move all of my Halloween scans here from my other thread eventually....

Hey, 'bones, this looks like a holiday cover you might enjoy. I don't own it -- some covers (each fun in its own right) from this series just appeared on GCD.

Jack

1574424-scream17.jpg

...I will move all of my Halloween scans here from my other thread eventually....

Hey, 'bones, this looks like a holiday cover you might enjoy. I don't own it -- some covers (each fun in its own right) from this series just appeared on GCD.

Jack

1574424-scream17.jpg

That's my copy 893whatthe.gif

1574424-scream17.jpg

That's my copy 893whatthe.gif

Don't worry -- it's just a scan of your book, not your book!

The young lady in your avatar must be "Lily-Belle, from the deep South, Suh!"

Attractive set of covers (only 8 of 19 there, 3 of which just showed up yesterday). Do you have the whole run of 19? It looks like the series changed from funny kids to girly covers between #15 and 16. Some of the kid covers are signed Singer and Hal Lockwood. Do you know whether one of them drew the girly covers?

Jack

Here's another unusual Halloween cover that I just scanned and am about to index for the GCD.

Ha Ha Comics 59, November 1948, ACG (Creston in the indicia).

An unusual feature of the book is that the panels all have fancy, irregular shapes. They could probably get away without a rectangular grid because the printing quality is high.

Does anyone know who may have written or drawn this book?

Jack

1581165-HaHaComics59.jpg

'Tisn't the season, but 'tis a swell thread for depositing holiday covers when you see them.

Two Christmas covers from a title I've never noticed before, Koko and Kola from Magazine Enterprises. Odd title -- sounds almost like a product tie-in.

#2 is a bit strange -- Santa playing crack the whip with Koko and Kola -- are they koalas? -- and bashes their sled into the ground.

1603623-kk2.jpg

#6 is even better, although not a very good scan. K&K seem to have gotten a human child involved in their Perils of Pauline-type mayhem. Right up shiverbone's alley?

1603623-kk6.jpg

Jack

Why does that comic make me want to drink rum with koko and kola?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And isn't there a Superman Givaway Chrsitmas book with Santa on the cover?

Ze-