• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P.D.A. for comics

30 posts in this topic

What comic-based use are you referring to? confused-smiley-013.gif

As for general PDA's, I use a Dell Axim X51v, and I must say it kicks serious butt. I can do everything on it, check email, surf wirelessly, watch movies, play games, listen to music, and the screen is freaky nice.

No, as generally speaking I do all of my shopping with my laptop, which is basically with me everywhere I go. It would be nice to have one of these things at comiccons, but I don't frequent them enough to justify it. If I upgrade my phone to include all of the apps, etc. I might do it then.

Think Palm OS, Treos, etc. All in one devices that can surf, use apps, phone, etc.

I'm old school and like to keep my phone and portable PC/PDA seperate, then I don't have to deal with a tiny LCD, low-end CPU/no dedicated video, or an over-priced service plan.

Maybe in a few years...

What's a PDA for comics?

Think Palm OS, Treos, etc. All in one devices that can surf, use apps, phone, etc.

Thanks. I know that a PDA can be a Personal Digital Assistant, but I didn't understand what he was asking for in reference to comics. I thought it may have been an acronym for something else (e.g., Public Display of Affection, etc.).

I know what a PDA is..., sort of, but have no clue WTF the rest of this was about - and I'm really happy to say that. I don't carry a GD cellphone around either.

Well, we don't all live in the Oregon Outback. poke2.gif

Our family was up in the Portland metro area for the State Volleyball finals in early November, and after driving around awhile up there, both my boys said, "Gawd, I'm glad we don't have to live here." I resemble that emotion. I realize everyone isn't so lucky, but most don't even realize what an armpit they live in. I'm at home almost every lunch hour, running the beagle, surfin' the net. The closest Walmart is 95 miles away, and I'm OK with that.

What's Wal-Mart?

Marc

Berkeley

If you don't know, you don't want to know, nor do you ever want to go there. Kind of like a PDA...,

Sounds nice, but for the record there are no Walmarts in NYC. smile.gif

However, there has to be one within 95 miles. confused-smiley-013.gif

Never been to one though.

Well NYCs another armpit I haven't been to, and I'm not interested in visiting..., just call me chicken...., and I understand if you don't understand. So let's understand to not understand. Understand????confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, we don't all live in the Oregon Outback. poke2.gif

Our family was up in the Portland metro area for the State Volleyball finals in early November, and after driving around awhile up there, both my boys said, "Gawd, I'm glad we don't have to live here." I resemble that emotion. I realize everyone isn't so lucky, but most don't even realize what an armpit they live in. I'm at home almost every lunch hour, running the beagle, surfin' the net. The closest Walmart is 95 miles away, and I'm OK with that.

I was just thinking of retiring in a beach house.

Well NYCs another armpit I haven't been to, and I'm not interested in visiting..., just call me chicken...., and I understand if you don't understand. So let's understand to not understand. Understand????(shrug)

If you're not comfortable and have a phobia about being in cities, that's fine. Doesn't mean they're "armpits", though.

Well NYCs another armpit I haven't been to, and I'm not interested in visiting..., just call me chicken...., and I understand if you don't understand. So let's understand to not understand. Understand????(shrug)

If you're not comfortable and have a phobia about being in cities, that's fine. Doesn't mean they're "armpits", though.

I get worried about thinking of even having to leave the city...ever confused-smiley-013.gif