• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else GAGA for Davis Crippen "D" Copy books?

105 posts in this topic

I won these last weekend, though they haven't arrived yet. The fact that they do seem to be a "poor man's" pedigree is what I like about them so much. They are a great way for a collector on a limited budget like myself to have pedigree books. I actually paid a little more for my raw non-ped copies which are in comparable 8.0-9.0 condition (posted in the FC thread).

9951FourColor_0437Crippensm.jpg

9759FourColor_0488Crippensm.jpg

I have my eye on a couple more Crippens in this weeks auction too. I'm hoping that since it's on Christmas Eve there won't be much competition. devil.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

One thing I did notice is that people do seem to be overpaying on some of the low grade books. I passed on a bunch of VG Tip Top Tarzan covers as it seemed that they were going for more than their condition warranted. I have to admit though, I kind of regret it now. crazy.gif

After getting one I thought was overgraded I got this one expecting to turn it right around but it turned out to be better than I expected. Pehaps low expectations helped, but this looks very nice and no sign of foxing I can see.

Superman34crippen.jpg

Okay, now that's three gorgeous copies of Superman 34! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Merry Christmas to me!. Won this last night (took a break in the middle of assembling a Thomas the Tank Engine Ultimate Trainset to go put in a bid grin.gif). The fading is pretty fugly so I'll probably try and upgrade down the road, but for now it's another book I can scratch off my want list.

5169FourColor0084Crippenfcsm.jpg