• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher TPBs?

9 posts in this topic

Okay, so I've read the first two, are the rest worth my hard earned money? I mean, the first two were GREAT and SO much fun and so very, very different... but are there volumes that can be skipped? Are there some that are can't-miss? Anyone have any input?

Yup...read 'em all. You can skip Vol. 4 until the end (doesn't affect main story - it's made up of 3 mini-series of other characters form the series), but you still want to read it. Rob is right...it's just getting good!!!!!

Chris

If you liked even the first one, you need to read the whole series...

I have had these on my money-back-guarantee list for 4 years, and have never had a volume after book 1 returned. I have had a couple folks return the first one because it offended their sensibilities, but if you enjoyed the first, you'll love the rest... and you'll realize that a lot of comic creators are working with training wheels... I'm still amazed Preacher was even published... but boy am I thankful it was smile.gif

I'm still amazed Preacher was even published... but boy am I thankful it was

You said it! Preacher was probably the most entertaining series I've ever read. A true page turner. Great Stuff!!!

Chris

I picked up #3 yesterday! Nothing like being "forced" to buy a book a day because you have nothing to do at work but read.... insane.gif

And Transmetropolitan too, eh? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I may NEVER get done catching up on these books that I never had the good sense to pick up off the shelves!