• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trouble #1

80 posts in this topic

Looks like those books better get some Trouble!

Thor - forget this Lord of Asgard/Earth stuff. The God of Thunder heads down to Cancun to host wet t-shirt contests. "Verily the cups runneth over..." Thor: Lord of the Beach

Iron Man - time to put the Playboy in this playboy! Stark decides to start publishing men's magazines and decides to "screen" all eligible applicants for photoshoots himself. Taking a nod from Hef, Stark has 10 girls sleep in his bed every night.... he isn't called Iron Man for nothing... and they all get their own armor.

Wonder Woman.... Diana can't decide who she wants... Superman or Batman... so she carries on affairs with them both at the same time.

Flash - is it over yet? The Scarlet Streakster...

Fantastic Four - Sue starts to cheat with Ben, Reed starts to cheat with Johnny (time to stir up another Rawhide Kid controversy!) ... Trouble ensues when Johnny and Reed sue for custody over Franklin!

Fantastic Four: We find out REALLY why Reed is called Mr. Fantastic, and how long things REALLY can stretch.

Looks like those books better get some Trouble!

Thor - forget this Lord of Asgard/Earth stuff. The God of Thunder heads down to Cancun to host wet t-shirt contests. "Verily the cups runneth over..." Thor: Lord of the Beach

Iron Man - time to put the Playboy in this playboy! Stark decides to start publishing men's magazines and decides to "screen" all eligible applicants for photoshoots himself. Taking a nod from Hef, Stark has 10 girls sleep in his bed every night.... he isn't called Iron Man for nothing... and they all get their own armor.

Wonder Woman.... Diana can't decide who she wants... Superman or Batman... so she carries on affairs with them both at the same time.

Flash - is it over yet? The Scarlet Streakster...

Fantastic Four - Sue starts to cheat with Ben, Reed starts to cheat with Johnny (time to stir up another Rawhide Kid controversy!) ... Trouble ensues when Johnny and Reed sue for custody over Franklin!

Fantastic Four: We find out REALLY why Reed is called Mr. Fantastic, and how long things REALLY can stretch.

Yep, I still remember Andy Ingman from down the street when we were about 8 years old, asking the immortal question, "What happens if Plastic-Man gets a boner?" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Agreed! What a piece of garbage. The book gets worse and worse! Issue #3, "Aunt May" is getting busy on every other page! And w/ different guys! I'm w/ you on this one Gene. NO WAY is this Marvel continuity!!!!

Chris

No wonder Aunt may is so tight assed later in life.

She sure wasnt in her younger days

Scary thing is, in my shop this book is outselling 5 titles that date back to the Silver Age...

That's bizarre...my local shop still has stacks of unsold #1s and #2s and I did not see anyone picking up #3 on Thursday even though the store was quite busy.

Chatter on other comic message boards is that the series is a total bomb in terms of sales and everyone is enjoying a huge helping of schadenfreude at Jemas and Millar's expense. Me, I can't help but pick up each issue...like I said, it's like watching a freaking car wreck...

Gene

The concept of this book sounds like chick-flick fodder, but they appear to be tossing in scantily-clad big-breasted chicks in an effort to hope we'll overlook that fact.

Somehow, this thread has become one of the most-read, most-posted-to non-CGC-bashing or Hulk-181-related threads in a while...all you girls need to just go back to your sweater-knitting, soap operas, and romance novels and give up on this crappy book. sumo.giftongue.gif

The concept of this book sounds like chick-flick fodder, but they appear to be tossing in scantily-clad big-breasted chicks in an effort to hope we'll overlook that fact.

Somehow, this thread has become one of the most-read, most-posted-to non-CGC-bashing or Hulk-181-related threads in a while...all you girls need to just go back to your sweater-knitting, soap operas, and romance novels and give up on this crappy book. sumo.giftongue.gif

So, because it's not completely overloaded with hypermusculated men wearing skin-tight clothes and leading "secret lives" to protect their "true identities", it's a "chick book"?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that those buff, buff men are wearing little bikini briefs over their skin-tight clothing... yep. Nothing sissy or fruity about that.

Maybe YOU should go back to YOUR needlepointing, "Queer Eye For The Comic Collectin' Guy", and David Sedaris novels and just give up on your pseudo-hetero trappings?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

spoiler warning!

So - Trouble is all over and confirmed what I knew would be inevitable...it seems Aunt May is Peter's real mom after all. Last issue brought closure and series added something to the whole reason Aunt May was such a worry wart over Peter. Everyone is 893blahblah.gif over the Top Cow Millar book, while this is the real "wanted" Millar series that will change Marvel History as we know it wink.gif

Everyone is 893blahblah.gif over the Top Cow Millar book, while this is the real "wanted" Millar series that will change Marvel History as we know it wink.gif

Screw that.. Millar's best work is the stuff he is doing for Avatar... "the Unfunnies".... Now that is some sick and twisted [!@#%^&^]...

So - Trouble is all over and confirmed what I knew would be inevitable...it seems Aunt May is Peter's real mom after all. Last issue brought closure and series added something to the whole reason Aunt May was such a worry wart over Peter.

Hey Darth, you do realize these aren't Aunt May, Ben, etc. in the real Marvel timeline right? Jemas stated as much, and essentially changed the names and adjusted the story to nab the drooling fans.

This is a teeny-bopper, Elseworlds, make-a-quick-buck-on-fanboys type of dealie. 27_laughing.gif