• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone else having a problem with Matthew Wilson - Fantasy Masterpieces ??

254 posts in this topic

I did,,,and he got right back to me. Thank you for the suggestion. Based on what Mark said ( by email ), I now know I do need a lawyer

Wow, so his brother suggested you get a lawyer? If his own flesh & blood can't even stick up for the guy, that's bad!

I doubt that's what Mark said.

I did,,,and he got right back to me. Thank you for the suggestion. Based on what Mark said ( by email ), I now know I do need a lawyer

Wow, so his brother suggested you get a lawyer? If his own flesh & blood can't even stick up for the guy, that's bad!

I doubt that's what Mark said.

FFB is correct...you are taking things out of context. Mark was very polite and offered to help me...he said nothing negative towards Matt.

out of context?

I have just secured legal representation, and my comments will now be limited on this subject. Bottom line.....be careful guys. I am in a very bad situation now, and wouldn't want to see this happen to any of you...this is a comic book nightmare for me.

That sux.

I went thru it about ten years ago.A very respected restoration guy on LI suddenly went rogue and started a ponzi scheme where he'd sell your book,repair someone elses and give it to you,then repeat over and over.

He was arrested,found guilty and placed on probation. After all,it was only comic books.Both the DA and Newsday failed to take it very seriously.

Lots of zaps and pows in the coverage,and he jumped at the plead deal that was offered.

I hope this has a better ending.

Very sorry to hear the trouble you're going through. I had Matthew Wilson restore a book for me about two years ago and things actually went well. During the process however I did hear many horror stories and became nervous about it, sending him frequent e-mails to kep up with the progress. I can't believe that a person who represents himself as a professional could act this way in a business that relies so heavily on customer service.

That sux.

I went thru it about ten years ago.A very respected restoration guy on LI suddenly went rogue and started a ponzi scheme where he'd sell your book,repair someone elses and give it to you,then repeat over and over.

He was arrested,found guilty and placed on probation. After all,it was only comic books.Both the DA and Newsday failed to take it very seriously.

Lots of zaps and pows in the coverage,and he jumped at the plead deal that was offered.

Who was it?

That sux.

I went thru it about ten years ago.

Thanks.....I am fairly confident that I will get my books back...after all, my legal representation is our very own Mark Zaid / Esquire Comics.

893applaud-thumb.gif

any clue as to what books they are, just in case they appear on the market ?

I doubt Matt is going to try to sell the books. More likely he's just flaking out big time.

any clue as to what books they are, just in case they appear on the market ?

I doubt Matt is going to try to sell the books. More likely he's just flaking out big time.

i met him at 2000 san diego con- came off as a very nice guy- what i have heard about him over the years does sound a little flaky though! Too bad he's screwing up he restored an AF 15 for me that came out incredible! Very talented restorer!

That sux.

Who was it?

I don't remember his last name. His first name was Rich and he ran a comic/video store called Video Venture in Franklin Square.

He did really nice work. He's the one who restored my Flash 105.

I used to stop by his apartment/studio and he'd have dismantled Action 1s all over the place.I remember joking to him about how he kept track of which pages went with which books. He just smircked and said it was no problem.

p