• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are CGC 9.9s/10 Modern Comics Key Issues (ASM V2 36, Origin1) Good Investment

16 posts in this topic

Agree w/ Murph. These are books you needed to cash in on last summer while the "CGC Iron" was smoking hot. After a couple sold for astronomical prices, everyone and their brother sent in copies for grading. There are plenty out there.

Chris

No b/c there will end up being too many of them, and the market capture for this stuff is too small.

Brian

From what I understand from your response was, you have based the "good or bad investment" from the number of copies graded high such as ASM V2 #36 with 29 copies graded 9.9s. But comparing it with Incredible Hulk 181 with more than 50 copies graded 9.4s, how come that the later commands high price?

B/c it features the first appearance of one of the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe. While it shows a high # of books graded for Hulk 181, that's only a fraction of the # of books available in JUST HIGH GRADE for these modern books.

Brian

B/c it features the first appearance of one of the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe. While it shows a high # of books graded for Hulk 181, that's only a fraction of the # of books available in JUST HIGH GRADE for these modern books.

Brian

That sound logical !!! Thanks.

My opinion: don't look to invest in comics. Buy what you like, like what you buy. If you sell a book for a profit, that's just gravy.

What I like to buy is a CGC 9.6 Incredible Hulk 181 and would like it for sure, the only problem is $$$. On a minimum wage, I doubt it if I’ll be able to buy what I like. To make $10 here or $20 there will add up the possibility for me to buy what I like, please don’t hate for that.

My opinion: don't look to invest in comics. Buy what you like, like what you buy. If you sell a book for a profit, that's just gravy.

What I like to buy is a CGC 9.6 Incredible Hulk 181 and would like it for sure, the only problem is $$$. On a minimum wage, I doubt it if I’ll be able to buy what I like. To make $10 here or $20 there will add up the possibility for me to buy what I like, please don’t hate for that.

If you want to make $10 here of $20 there, stay far far far away from graded books. Go to a show, any larger show and start to hunt. If you know what you're doing, you can and will (every single time) make a nice return on your investment. If you drop $100 on the right books at a larger show, you can make back $200, continue and repeat. The profit on modern slabbed books has already been made if you're flipping. Go raw, young man!

If you want to make $10 here of $20 there, stay far far far away from graded books. Go to a show, any larger show and start to hunt. If you know what you're doing, you can and will (every single time) make a nice return on your investment. If you drop $100 on the right books at a larger show, you can make back $200, continue and repeat. The profit on modern slabbed books has already been made if you're flipping. Go raw, young man!

Do you have any suggestions for the right books that on any given season is profitable??? Could you name 1 or 2. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any suggestions for the right books that on any given season is profitable??? Could you name 1 or 2. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Again, assuming you know what you're doing. Hulk 197. Akira 38. What If 31. First printing Classics. Albedo 2 (don't laugh guys - I found one two weeks ago for $1...), any Bronze Age Marvels. The list goes on and on and on . Y The Last Man. Fables. Stuff is ALL OUT THERE for nada. You just have to look.

I can't agree enough with Donut. If you want to make money, buy RAW.

Or YOU do the slabbing but be careful and learn how to grade.

(Or better yet, learn how CGC's grades)

From a rarity point of view, it would be far better to invest in CGC 1.0 copies of Modern books. I have seen and heard of lots of CGC 9.9 and 10.0 copies of Modern books, but no copies of CGC 1.0 have turned up in the marketplace yet. Most likely, CGC has also not graded any 1.0 copies of Modern books.

IMHO, a true rarity with lots of upside potential!! 27_laughing.gif

From a rarity point of view, it would be far better to invest in CGC 1.0 copies of Modern books. I have seen and heard of lots of CGC 9.9 and 10.0 copies of Modern books, but no copies of CGC 1.0 have turned up in the marketplace yet. Most likely, CGC has also not graded any 1.0 copies of Modern books.

IMHO, a true rarity with lots of upside potential!! 27_laughing.gif

1.0 is higher than the .5 Incredible Hulk 180 that was auctioned last week (talking about rarity) :-))))))