• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help in regards to ASM #1 CGC

7 posts in this topic

I remember seeing a VF 8.0 copy on ebay in the $8,500+ range a few months ago; well under guide. This is one of those books that you can afford to wait on, and get a solid deal, because they are readily available. Whats your seller asking?

6500 to 7500 for a CGC 7.5 sounds about right dependent on visual impact. If it has chips and/or pre-chips (which I have seen allowed on CGC 7.5's on this issue), more like $5,000 to $6,000 quite possibly.

It's a tough question to put a blanket answer on without citing a specific 7.5 for a specific price, but those two ranges, chipped vs. unchipped, seems about right. Hope I helped.

7.5 for $6,500??

The Blazing One has a 7.0 on his website for $6,500, so compared to that, yours would be a better deal. However, I think that a 7.5 falls into the "nebula" of mid-grade; thus, high grade collectors/investors will avoid them, and lower grade collectors won't shell out the big bucks neccessary to buy one. This often times will make the seller have to rethink its value in order to move it.

I think if you are patient, you should be able to do better. Just wait a while until someone has a "fire sale" on ebay...who knows, you may get one for $5,000 or so.

This is a fairly common key, so patience might pay off. Heritage Signature Auction has five for sale, three in unrestored better grade than VF-.

I just don't see this book gaining too much value over the next few years in this grade (anything can happen in extremely high grade).

Why pay full value now, if you can wait.

Just my thoughts.