• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 NM+ relisted on eBay...did one of you guys set him straight?

36 posts in this topic

The AF 15 NM+ which was previously described as the "missing WM copy" has been relisted...and this time he actually has large, uncropped pics and a lot more information. Did one of our board members "help" him figure out this was neither a pedigree copy nor anywhere near NM+ (despite his ingenious storage method 27_laughing.gif)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Thank you for all of your interest in this item. This comic book is being relisted with CORRECTED information because the first go-around incorrectly described the book as NM. Upon helpful analysis by a person more experienced than I am on comic book grades, rest assured that this book is NOT A REPRINT but a legitimate RESTORED copy of the original. This book is being relisted with all the pictures you'll need to make an informed decision. No sale has been completed the first go around. The original winner has agreed to a relisting.

To those of you on a particular discussion thread, Yes, this *spoon* has a heart and is well-meaning. I will donate 20% of the winnings to the Hero Initiative, and you can confirm with them a week after this listing ends.

27_laughing.gif

To those of you on a particular discussion thread, Yes, this *spoon* has a heart and is well-meaning. I will donate 20% of the winnings to the Hero Initiative, and you can confirm with them a week after this listing ends

He called us out! acclaim.gifyay.gif

hail.gifhail.gif

My first guess would be Scott wrote him and let him know what was what. Does he ever mention what was actually done to the book restoration wise besides the obvious?

Nice to see it relisted this way. thumbsup2.gif

Chalk another one up for the boards.

20% to HI, is a nice touch too.

Ze-

Thank you for all of your interest in this item. This comic book is being relisted with CORRECTED information because the first go-around incorrectly described the book as NM. Upon helpful analysis by a person more experienced than I am on comic book grades, rest assured that this book is NOT A REPRINT but a legitimate RESTORED copy of the original. This book is being relisted with all the pictures you'll need to make an informed decision. No sale has been completed the first go around. The original winner has agreed to a relisting.

To those of you on a particular discussion thread, Yes, this *spoon* has a heart and is well-meaning. I will donate 20% of the winnings to the Hero Initiative, and you can confirm with them a week after this listing ends.

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif This isn't even the same book that he had listed in the original auction. foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gif The restoration on this book is horrendous.

My first guess would be Scott wrote him and let him know what was what. Does he ever mention what was actually done to the book restoration wise besides the obvious?

Nice to see it relisted this way. thumbsup2.gif

Chalk another one up for the boards.

20% to HI, is a nice touch too.

Ze-

Nope, I wrote to the winning bidder and told him the book he "won" was a stolen scan of the White Mountain copy. I understand a few guys here sent a link to the other thread to the winning bidder, and the winning bidder probably sent the link to the thread to the seller.

That's really poor quality resto. It looks like a Richie Muchin / Earl Scheib paint job.

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif I have to remember that Earl Scheib line.

"I'll restore any comic book for twenty nine ninety five!" yay.gif

This is a very good thing. Now at least somebody not-in-the-know didn't waste $20K on something worth... frankly, significantly less than that.

EBay shouldn't need a comic police. That's just ridiculous.

But, I'm glad the people on this board are here!