• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does this Hulk #181 look?

17 posts in this topic

7.5 to 8.0

You really should give this to me.

It would be going to a good home. acclaim.gif

I guess, if you wanted...you could *sell* it to me.

sumo.gif

No, I'm not sure why they grade MS 5 leniently. Early on it could've been due to the fact they haven't seen many copies.. but at this point I simply don't know.

My theory on CGC's grading is.. it's lighter on books that don't come up often.. such as STT 101-109, 120-135. From what I've seen of stuff like this the grades are usually soft and if it's a 9.4, it LOOKS like a 9.0. On the other hand, books they see frequently seem to have a small window for error. I haven't seen too many heavily submitted books that IMO were very far off the mark.

Brian

My theory on CGC's grading is.. it's lighter on books that don't come up often.. such as STT 101-109, 120-135. From what I've seen of stuff like this the grades are usually soft and if it's a 9.4, it LOOKS like a 9.0.

I don't know about that theory. According to the DC experts, DCs are under-submitted & undergraded by CGC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, I'm not buying anything other than a couple S.A. Cap books.. and finishing the ASM run. It's taking too long, I'm contemplating selling everything other than these 2 series.

Brian

I only have an MS 5 now, I sold my 9.4 of GR #1 about a year ago. Most likely I'd keep it, but who knows.. I'm just getting a little tired of buying all this other stuff that I don't really like for anything other than their covers.

Brian