• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MYLARS?

4 posts in this topic

Why, exactly, does CGC require submitted books be sleeved in Mylar Snugs?

Also, I notice that they do not return them, so somebodies kid probably has a good little side-line business going... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Is there a legitimate reason for this requirement, or is CGC in bed with the Mylar (equivelant) manufacturer?

Why, exactly, does CGC require submitted books be sleeved in Mylar Snugs?

Also, I notice that they do not return them, so somebodies kid probably has a good little side-line business going... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Is there a legitimate reason for this requirement, or is CGC in bed with the Mylar (equivelant) manufacturer?

Who told you that CGC requires books to be in Mylar? I send books in with just regular bags and boards- sometimes used shocked.gif. I've never sent a book in actual Mylar. Why waste them like that?

Their submittal guidelines say to use Mylars, but I've never used 'em either. I do know that every book is supposed to be in it's own bag as I got a comment back once "1 book per bag please!".