• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comico Primer #2 cover on ebay

71 posts in this topic

I saw it and it's still up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Comico-Pimer-2-Grend...tem180062620138

$15K and reserve not met? Wow!

I like this line in his auction text.

"When someone sees a piece they really want they reach out to me right away. "

Hmm....really high minimum bids AND reserves above them AND language inferring off Ebay offers accepted...I wonder if these auctions will run the full duration.

Chris

It looks like a color copy of the cover. screwy.gif

And I just noticed he misspelled the name of the comic, calling it "Comico Pimer" in the Main Title and the title of the description.

If his feedback were a little higher I would not be as worried...ANYONE KNOW THIS GUY?

Chris

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at here. A 11x7.5 color piece from an 8 feedback seller who misspells the book's title does not instill confidence.

Also, the Grendel 1 cover was a b&w piece - not that it proves anything, but does anyone else suspect that this may be a color guide?

Anyone catch this on ebay tonight? Up for sale at 15K and now taken down (or so I think). Pretty impressive.

It's real and I made some serious offers to get it over the past two months, but for some reason they seem to feel it's valued even higher than someone like me would place on it. And, it's really tiny, only 7.5 X 11. Unimpressive in person, but I'm a big fan of the character so I made a great offer. Then, they proceeded to offer it to three big-name dealers, who immediately contacted me anyway. None of us could get the deal done. I think they felt that since I came to them with a nice offer, there must be others willing to go higher. I'm not sure they're well-enough informed to understand that Grendel is a niche character, with only a few of us high-rollers willing to go this ridiculous distance. They gave me a counter-offer which was too insane to mention, and so I told them to take it to ebay and see for themselves. Hence the 15K minimum and the reserve not met. I also told them that my next offer may not be so nice, since they've already wasted a lot of my time.

And, to be honest, once I get jerked around a bit, I'm less enthused overall. And, like I said, it's a tiny piece of art (I've seen it in person). Not sure why Wagner made it so small, when the Grendel #1 that I own is beautiful at 11 X 17, and the Devil by the Deed wraparound is huge and also in color. Both are on my website, if anyone wants to see.

The seller is Neat Stuff. The cover has been shown around to big shots, with the aforementioned ridiculous asking price. I'm with Hari...with everything it has going for it, it has as much going against it (small size, niche character, looks like a glorified color guide). I think the seller may have overplayed their hand.

Quite frankly, I would be truly shocked to see anyone go over $10K for this piece.

The seller is Neat Stuff. The cover has been shown around to big shots, with the aforementioned ridiculous asking price. I'm with Hari...with everything it has going for it, it has as much going against it (small size, niche character, looks like a glorified color guide). I think the seller may have overplayed their hand.

Quite frankly, I would be truly shocked to see anyone go over $10K for this piece.

What was with the name on the auctions then?

It was some guy named Brian....with a NJ phone number?

Why didn't they list their real name?

Chris

Chris

Maybe they want to start a specialty branch? Or start fresh without the Neat Stuff baggage?confused-smiley-013.gif

Chris

Brian (Neat Stuff Collectibles) had some art that he had picked up, this piece MAY be from that lot and maybe it was not associated with Neat Stuff inventory. I didn't see the listing(it was pulled/not available?) so I couldn't see the seller's name, he had told me about the lot a month or two ago.

[quoteThey gave me a counter-offer which was too insane to mention, and so I told them to take it to ebay and see for themselves. Hence the 15K minimum and the reserve not met. I also told them that my next offer may not be so nice, since they've already wasted a lot of my time.

And, to be honest, once I get jerked around a bit, I'm less enthused overall.

Good for you, Hari - you got class! thumbsup2.gif