• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comico Primer #2 cover on ebay

71 posts in this topic

I see Brian has a few tasty pieces up but I'm sure they all have pretty high reserves. frown.gif

The only piece of possible interest to me is the SPECTRE cover. However, when I hear about how Brian is trying to exploit Hari's interest and (in effect) "hold him to ransom", then I find that a good enough reason for not wanting to do business with the guy.

Overly-greedy dealers are not my thing . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The text from the auction almost sounds like it could come from a potential stalker. A little bizarre.

"Why wait to snipe ? If you do not bid I will never know about your interest in this piece.

When someone sees a piece they really want they reach out to me right away.

I travel to shows and people come to my office all the time.

If someone wants to buy it before your bid is heard it would be a shame because

I will end it and sell it without even knowing about you."

Perfect example of what drives me nuts about ebay as an "auction" site: Items getting pulled from auction to be sold off ebay. List it as a BIN or BIN with Best Offer for that, not an auction. Just wasting people's time otherwise and defeats the purpose of the auction format. frustrated.gif

My personal favorite is:

As stunning as the realization that this art exists and seeing it on your computer screen must be it pales in comparison to seeing it in person.

He makes it seem as though we've all been waiting our entire lives for the Primer 2 cover to return to this mortal plain from places beyond.

The mere existence of the Primer 2 cover may be enough to disrupt the space/time continuum. God forbid one actually gazes at the piece in person...

My personal favorite is:

As stunning as the realization that this art exists and seeing it on your computer screen must be it pales in comparison to seeing it in person.

He makes it seem as though we've all been waiting our entire lives for the Primer 2 cover to return to this mortal plain from places beyond.

The mere existence of the Primer 2 cover may be enough to disrupt the space/time continuum. God forbid one actually gazes at the piece in person...

Minutes after looking at this ebay auction, I had heard on the radio that Pearl Harbor had been attacked. It seems that somehow the auction of this cover had sent me back to Dec 7, 1941. Minutes later, I was back in the present day. I am tired and need to take a nap now.

S

I'd tell him to take that money and run. The chance that someone actually offered that is nil.

Let's face it, Grendel is a character that is not gaining in popularity.

25K would get you one hell of a historic Silver Age page.

Hey Guys-

I realize some of you are genuinely upset about these auctions and others are just poking fun. I have known Brian for quite some time and think he is a really good guy. I think the art business is somewhat new to him and he is trying to feel out the market.

In my opinion you should contact Brian if you really want to know what is going on with his auctions. After speaking to him I think you will find he is a good guy, sincere and enthusiastic about talking comics, art and doing business.

V

Hey Guys-

I realize some of you are genuinely upset about these auctions and others are just poking fun. I have known Brian for quite some time and think he is a really good guy. I think the art business is somewhat new to him and he is trying to feel out the market.

In my opinion you should contact Brian if you really want to know what is going on with his auctions. After speaking to him I think you will find he is a good guy, sincere and enthusiastic about talking comics, art and doing business.

V

Do you think he's being sincere when he says he's had $25k+ offers on the COMICO PRIMER # 2 Cover? confused-smiley-013.gif

And if that is, indeed, the case - why isn't that reflected on the Ebay bidding (which, last time I looked, had attracted no opening bid).? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Guys-

V

I dont know Brian from diddley but since when does anyone get scorn for having high prices? Hari might be willing to pay the most and Brian might be holding out for the most $$$ but negotiation in a capitalist market should be fun not a cause for despair.

Hey Guys-

V

I agree with Vinnie.

The magic bean joke had nothing to do with Brian, it was a thing Steve Fishler and I used to joke about.

I, as well as CGC, have had nothing but good transactions with Brian confused-smiley-013.gif

That said, I know Hari and I also trust whatever he tells me, so maybe there is a communication break down (ZEP headbang.gif).

Like Vinnie said, give him a call......

I dont know Brian from diddley but since when does anyone get scorn for having high prices? Hari might be willing to pay the most and Brian might be holding out for the most $$$ but negotiation in a capitalist market should be fun not a cause for despair.

Cue an old familiar friend . . .

2uqlpgx.jpg

"$25k-plus, you say, sir? Not a problem!"

2uqlpgx.jpg

In America we dont consider asking a price one wants for the exhange of goods 'holding someone hostage'. We are a Free Country in the U.S.A.!

2uqlpgx.jpg

In America we dont consider asking a price one wants for the exhange of goods 'holding someone hostage'. We are a Free Country in the U.S.A.!

Da, Komrade Krazy!

Hey Guys-

V

I agree with Vinnie.

The magic bean joke had nothing to do with Brian, it was a thing Steve Fishler and I used to joke about.

I, as well as CGC, have had nothing but good transactions with Brian confused-smiley-013.gif

That said, I know Hari and I also trust whatever he tells me, so maybe there is a communication break down (ZEP headbang.gif).

Like Vinnie said, give him a call......

Hi guys,

I guess my initial email sounded vindictive and bitter, but it wasn't meant as such. I met Brian and we talked at length. He is indeed a nice guy. We just couldn't see eye to eye, and he wanted even more than I was willing to offer. Not only did I offer a lot, but everyone Brian talked to told him that I was 'the guy' for this. So, I'm not sure why he feels he can get more.

Let's see what happens. If someone else buys it, then they are a bigger fan than I and they deserve to have it. If it doesn't sell, which I'm assuming will happen, then perhaps Brian will come down to reality. After all, I highly doubt he has even 10% of his asking price 'into' the piece.

This all being said, it's all just paper, and I'm certain I'll find something else to spend my money on!

Best,