• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF1 REPRINT 1125$ !!!

13 posts in this topic

yo blip, i emailed the seller stating to him that this was a GRR, and not the original, hence no 10 cent cover price. obviously the seller is not heeding my words and hoping a sucka will bid high. who's going to be the good samaritan and email the bidders so they can retract their bids? 893whatthe.gifgossip.gif looks like someone tried for the HEADS UP 893applaud-thumb.gif

I've thought about doing EXACTLY that with my graded 9.0 GRR Fantastic four, or my 8.5 GRR Spidey.

Maybe I should start hounding for as many GRR's as I can find and then throw them on Ebay one after the other.

Nah... You're way too good a man to do that !! makepoint.gif

yo blip, i emailed the seller stating to him that this was a GRR, and not the original, hence no 10 cent cover price. obviously the seller is not heeding my words and hoping a sucka will bid high. who's going to be the good samaritan and email the bidders so they can retract their bids? 893whatthe.gifgossip.gif looks like someone tried for the HEADS UP 893applaud-thumb.gif

I emailed a few of them and it was appreciated by at least one. Nice to get a thank you. grin.gif

Nice suggestion supa.

You're right...I wouldn't really do that.

But I love the GRR books because they're almost EXACT reproductions, so I can have those classic silver-age images showcased on a display stand in my collection but without spending the amount a REAL Fantastic Four graded 9.0 would cost me.

If your looking for nice reprints, check out the German reprints Marvel did a few years ago. Exact repros of Front cover but inside is in German. Much cheaper than the Golden Records. I think I paid $25 for my CGC Daredevil 1 and less for a raw Avengers 1. Marvel also did a set in 1994 or so including Sgt Fury 13, Subby 8 and a bunch of others. They all look GREAT in a display

If I was bidding on that FF #1 I'd be losing it when I found out.

I know I've got all the X-men #1 (5 total) I bought for 8.99 off the shelf and If I ever did sell I'd never misrepresent as this seller did.

Shouldn't E-bay step in and do something about the Error Diliberate or otherwise?

Russ

Well, the winning bidder has a feedback of 0, so maybe he has found out it was a reprint and not pay.( after all, he has nothing to lose, except the cash if he did )

So.. maybe we'll be seeing this book again??

If your looking for nice reprints, check out the German reprints Marvel did a few years ago. Exact repros of Front cover but inside is in German. Much cheaper than the Golden Records. I think I paid $25 for my CGC Daredevil 1 and less for a raw Avengers 1. Marvel also did a set in 1994 or so including Sgt Fury 13, Subby 8 and a bunch of others. They all look GREAT in a display

per shadroch's post, here's a link to 1994 SA MARVEL REPRINTS gossip.gif