• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art dilemma

5 posts in this topic

If you were interested in a memorable interior story page but upon seeing it in person discovered that the 3 panels were drawn on 3 different boards what would you do? Pass on the page as undisplayable? Or, shock horror, consider cutting out 2 of the panels and mounting them on the one board so that they could be more easily displayed as a single coherent page?

Dilemma, dilemmas.

Joseph

If you were interested in a memorable interior story page but upon seeing it in person discovered that the 3 panels were drawn on 3 different boards what would you do? Pass on the page as undisplayable? Or, shock horror, consider cutting out 2 of the panels and mounting them on the one board so that they could be more easily displayed as a single coherent page?

Dilemma, dilemmas.

Joseph

Seeing as some of the very best Prince Valiant and Tarzan Sunday strips were cut into pieces at some point and reformed on a single board or otherwise reunited I would not have a problem cutting the excess board away and putting the panels together into a cohesive page as long as the art is preserved and in no way harmed.

If you could find a way to display it in its natural state that would be great, but putting panels together for aesthetic purposes is not a new concept and generally accepted. Unless it's done by someone who has a better collection of art than me, then I think they are Philistines who would use a Wally Wood EC cover with which to wipe themselves.

Chris

to be honest i think it really just may depend on what kind of art this is and who the artist may be. if it someone current sure no harm there cut away. but if your taking about wood or frazetta or some major artist then don,t do it. just pass.

larry ;]