• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the shadow

5 posts in this topic

Oh and for the record, I care. The 1994 movie was not an attractive portrayal of the Shadow as we know it in the pulp and was more akin to its radio persona, loathed by many Shadow fans. I will be interested in seeing how the character is portrayed. One major difficulty with the Shadow is that he is all about business and nothing of his personal life (which appears to be non-existent) is included in the original Shadow novels. The -script-writer will have to be creative or derivative to create a character that will hook audiences. Consequently, this is a higher risk project and I'll stayed tuned for development about this new version.

Oh and for the record, I care. The 1994 movie was not an attractive portrayal of the Shadow as we know it in the pulp and was more akin to its radio persona, loathed by many Shadow fans. I will be interested in seeing how the character is portrayed. One major difficulty with the Shadow is that he is all about business and nothing of his personal life (which appears to be non-existent) is included in the original Shadow novels. The -script-writer will have to be creative or derivative to create a character that will hook audiences. Consequently, this is a higher risk project and I'll stayed tuned for development about this new version.

Having read 20 or so of the Shadows I'll agree with the high-risk part. Shadows are plot oriented and somewhat dry. I think you'll have a heard time making that kind of movie into a big success but that's the kind of movie folks will be expecting. I actually like several scenes in the 94 version of the Shadow but the opening annoyed the heck out of me.