• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Request for Super-Mystery......

22 posts in this topic

I got a PM asking for some posts of Super-Mysterys.....great title from Ace that spanned the GA hero to the comic noir of crime......

1530088-supmys2.1.jpg

Those are some cool covers, but what in tarnation is The Clown shooting at that girl?!! 893whatthe.gif

I got a PM asking for some posts of Super-Mysterys.....great title from Ace that spanned the GA hero to the comic noir of crime......

1530088-supmys2.1.jpg

Those are some cool covers, but what in tarnation is The Clown shooting at that girl?!! 893whatthe.gif

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

Jack

1530088-supmys2.1.jpg

Gawd! You're killing me!.....In a good way.....whew!!!!

I love these. I used to have Super-Mystery #1 and sold it on ComicLink on a lark (having never sold on CL before and just generally intrigued by the process, using the S-M #1 as a test book). I wish I had that book back.

A lot of very nice greens in these covers. I like green Golden Age motifs.

I bought a nice SUPER MYSTERY a few months back, and just love it. Kurtzman cover (the green monster cover w/ corpses tied to its fingers) and art. Great stories. I don't want to steal Jon's thunder by posting the cover ... we'll wait for his superior specimen!

Amazing books.

I bought a nice SUPER MYSTERY a few months back, and just love it. Kurtzman cover (the green monster cover w/ corpses tied to its fingers) and art. Great stories. I don't want to steal Jon's thunder by posting the cover ... we'll wait for his superior specimen!

Amazing books.

Steal away!......I am just trying to keep a little momentum going....Jon

Amazing books.

Steal away!......I am just trying to keep a little momentum going....Jon

Do you have a copy of 32 (6/2)? I just found out about this series a month ago, and some of the covers are truly fantastic. Right now I have just seen them in Gerber, so I would love to see some full size scans.

Well, if the man himself says its ok, then its ok.

Super-Mystery Comics vol.3, #4 ... I think this is an absolutely brilliant cover, that competes with anything Timely might have put out (and I love Timely's!). This issue has resto, but it cost $150 or something like that, which seemed very reasonable. Nice pages, great to look at.

I'd love to see the robot cover that Kurtzman did, Jon, if you have it! vol.3, #3 !

1535214-supmyst%234.jpg

589a91d1296b7_1535214-supmyst4.jpg.c271756afe72c8323fb75f95980d4136.jpg

As requested above......

1535449-supermys3.3.jpg

I think I prefer Kurtzman's mature style.