• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Thanks To Secret Santa/Chanukah Harry et al HERE Thread!

80 posts in this topic

Ok, my forumite gift arrived today. Not sure if I was supposed to wait or not, but Chanukah does start at the end of the week and, heck, I felt like I could use a present today so why not! YES, I opened it (admit it people, others did as well)!!!! Sue me.

So, a much heartfelt thanks and happy holidays to my Chanukah Harry, our own Skybolt! hi.gif

He has given me my first SA pedigree book ever, and it is a sweet one. Thanks Skybolt!!flowerred.gif

I hope my secret gift recipient enjoys what he will be receiving. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

1530511-Xmen105.jpg

There has been so much negative bickering and complaining on these boards lately that this thread thanking forumites for being nice and thoughtful will be a welcome distraction. thumbsup2.gif

Ok, my forumite gift arrived today. Not sure if I was supposed to wait or not, but Chanukah does start at the end of the week and, heck, I felt like I could use a present today so why not! YES, I opened it (admit it people, others did as well)!!!! Sue me.

So, a much heartfelt thanks and happy holidays to my Chanukah Harry, our own Skybolt! hi.gif

He has given me my first SA pedigree book ever, and it is a sweet one. Thanks Skybolt!!flowerred.gif

I hope my secret gift recipient enjoys what he will be receiving. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

1530511-Xmen105.jpg

There has been so much negative bickering and complaining on these boards lately that this thread thanking forumites for being nice and thoughtful will be a welcome distraction. thumbsup2.gif

Very nice, Mark. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Chanukah Harry

hail.gif

This cracks me up.

And yes, it is a VERY nice gift. But I am obligated to ask you if it was wrapped in a festive holiday manner or not?

I am making.....a list.

Ze-

Chanukah Harry

hail.gif

This cracks me up.

And yes, it is a VERY nice gift. That is a keeper. But I am forced to ask you if it was wrapped in a festive holiday manner or not?

I am making.... a list.

Ze-

Yes indeed it was! thumbsup2.gif

It had the personal touch (unlike mine unfortunately which will be sent straight from the companies). sorry.gifsmile.gif

Not sure who mine is but I got some nice adventures and some misc stuff. Thanks to whomever it was. It came in a festive holiday box and no I can't wait either.

On the flip side of this, shame on you guys for not waiting for Christmas Day or the last of Hanukkah 893naughty-thumb.gif

Well December 8th was National Brownie Day and since that is a favorite holiday of mine, I opened it sumo.gif

I opened mine too, so what, wana fight about it sumo.gifpoke2.gif It was Greg-something-or-other 893scratchchin-thumb.gif in the far reaches of the Great White North. It was a huge box festivly wrapped in purdy paper and filled with 40, yes 40, bronze age books. 893whatthe.gif About 15 G.I. Combats(one of my primary collection loves)! Including a beautiful copy of issue #162 a particular childhood fave that I hadn't been able to find in anything like HG hail.gif(how did Greggy Claus know??) 893applaud-thumb.gif

There were also numerous BA Iron Mans, a Four Star Battle Tales, a Skywald comic called the Heap, and a beautiful copy of Swamp Thing #9 yay.gif(one of my all-time favorite covers from that era), and yes all these books were nice prote3cted in Mylar cloud9.gif

So yes I was a baaaad boy sorry.gifand shall pay in this life or the next but for today I am showered in comics from On High yay.gifyay.gif

Thanks Greggy for an awesome Christmas suprise! thumbsup2.gif

1530511-Xmen105.jpg

great book 893applaud-thumb.gif

Chanukah Harry

hail.gif

This cracks me up.

And yes, it is a VERY nice gift. But I am obligated to ask you if it was wrapped in a festive holiday manner or not?

I am making.....a list.

Ze-

Kenny

I didn't have festive wrapping paper handy so I used old comics and Playboys to wrap mine, do I make the good list or bad list? I'm not kidding either, I forgot that it was required to be wrapped and I had none in the house so I made do with the supplies at hand, think I did a pretty good job too, won't have a clue what's inside the gift and he'll have a fun time reading the "articles" and looking at comic panels while he unwraps it.

Mark, Mr. Lawyer Sir, that is a mighty fine book you have there, congrats thumbsup2.gif

Chanukah Harry

hail.gif

This cracks me up.

I am making.....a list.

Ze-

Kenny

I didn't have festive wrapping paper handy so I used old comics and Playboys to wrap mine, do I make the good list or bad list?

Um I think that falls under the "Naughty" side. devil.gif

You did fine Brock, no worries. The effort was made , that is more the point of it all.

And I just wanted to Thank whoever it was that sent me Omaha Steaks and Cheesecake.

The Card only said it was a gift from a fellow CGC boardie, and NO they were not my Santa. And for me to not ask who, or question why.

So I wont, but I will say "Thanks, and fire up the Grill. yay.gif"

I got steak in the mail,how fun is that? Private Reserve Filets to boot!

Ze-

Chanukah Harry

hail.gif

This cracks me up.

I am making.....a list.

Ze-

Kenny

I didn't have festive wrapping paper handy so I used old comics and Playboys to wrap mine, do I make the good list or bad list?

You did fine Brock, no worries. The effort was made , that is more the point of it all.

And I just wanted to Thank whoever it was that sent me Omaha Steaks and Cheesecake.

The Card only said it was a gift from a fellow CGC boardie, and NO they were not my Santa. And for me to not ask who, or question why.

Ze-

thumbsup2.gif

Mail meat is always the best, but then again, when you get free meat and you get the "Don't ask" line, you have to wonder if someone has it out for you, if it came from Greggy, I have to warn you about this thing up in Canada we have called mad cow, if you don't cook it just right, the steak jumps off your plate and berates in front of your family poke2.gif

If anyone else is giving out free meat, I'll take some Kobe Beef, if you don't know what it is look it up, if you've had it then you know why I want it thumbsup2.gif

the steak jumps off your plate and berates in front of your family poke2.gif

Isn't that steak called "The Festivus Cut"?

Ever had a Kobe Beef Hamburger?

Worth every penny

Ze-

Chanukah Harry

hail.gif

This cracks me up.

I am making.....a list.

Ze-

Kenny

Ze-

thumbsup2.gif

Mail meat is always the best,

I've always tried to avoid getting "mail meat"...at all costs....