• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hakes Buyer's Premium Change Announcement

7 posts in this topic

I received this today:

Dear Collectors:

As Hake's Americana & Collectibles Auctions continues to evolve, we are greatly increasing the number of consigned items. This has allowed us to present a much larger number of collectible rarities and we encourage sellers to participate in our evolution by offering us quality items as consignments to future auctions.

However, the increased number of consignments, as opposed to company-owned items, as well as escalating production costs, require a small change in our buyer's premium from 12% to 15%. The premium is reduced to 13% for payment by check, cash or money order. While we regret the increase, please remember our buyer's premium remains the lowest among all national auction houses offering collectibles.

We want to advise you of this change before Auction #190 goes online Wednesday, December 27th with catalogues scheduled to mail Friday, December 29th. Auction #190 will present an exceptional numver of quality items with outstanding pieces in all of our specialty areas. We believe you will find Auction #190 our most excitiong ever as we begin Hake's 40th anniversary year. Thank you for your support and participation over four decades.

Sincerely,

Ted Hake

Hake's Americana & Collectibles

What is Hake's seller's premium?

As with the other auction houses they will negotiate with you. I believe 10% is standard though.

So as between Heritage, Mastronet and Hakes, Hakes is by far the best in terms of buyers/sellers premium. If they will lower the reserves on their books to more reasonable levels, they will get my business.

So as between Heritage, Mastronet and Hakes, Hakes is by far the best in terms of buyers/sellers premium. If they will lower the reserves on their books to more reasonable levels, they will get my business.

Same here. Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon. sorry.gif

Hakes is by far the best in terms of buyers/sellers premium. If they will lower the reserves on their books to more reasonable levels, they will get my business.

Aren't they mostly Geppi's books? I just assumed he was taking a Halperin-like approach and using the auction site as a display window for his books.