• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Cover-to-Cover Statues

20 posts in this topic

I'm really enjoying the Superman Cover to Cover statues. They are gorgeously crafted, and IMO, the perfect size -- not too big, not too small.

I'm hoping they start using some poses from Action covers. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The Cover to Cover statues are across the top, posed in front of their respective boxes.

yay.gif

1531763-SC2CFigurines.jpg

1531763-SC2CFigurines.jpg.075245da0fcbf1a2005c9c7a37a38dc0.jpg

Where's the Jim Lee statue with Supe's standing with one leg propped up? poke2.gif

I knew someone would ask! 27_laughing.gif

Frankly, I don't like it. I prefer the GA/SA Superman style to the modern. I only have the animation style mini-maquette because I picked it up very inexpensively.

Well, I have the Wonder Woman that compliments that Supe but I don't have the Supe or Batman ones.

I like them though. confused-smiley-013.gif

I also like the Superman ones that have recreated images from the GA such as the Ma and Pa Kent one with the rocketship and the one with Supe's parents putting baby Superman into the rocketship.

Great picture of an awesome collection Zipper. 893applaud-thumb.gif

The next pre-order Cover-to-Cover Superman statue looks good in the promo photo, but it doesn't say what cover it's from. confused-smiley-013.gif

They are doing a JLA Cover-To-Cover and if I'm not mistaken, this is from that series. I don't know if it's on the same scale as the retro cover-to-covers.

The lack of consistancy in things like this has turned me off to many of the statue series. I started pre-ordering the Avengers and Adversaries pieces a few years ago and once I started getting them they were all out of scale with each other. frustrated.gif

Yeah, scales can be all over the map. I wonder if it's up to the sculptor, or enlarged/reduced at manufacture.

This Matt Wagner, part of the "Batman: Black and White" series, caught my eye. It has that retro golden age pre-Robin feel to it, even though it's modern. Nice.

BMBWWagner.jpg

God help my wallet, if they do..

Alton -

They are very reasonably priced IMO. I paid around $35 each when I pre-ordered from DCBS.com.

thumbsup2.gif

true, they are reasonably priced, but I was implying that if DC started to make statues based on certain Action Comics covers as well, in addition to the GA Superman covers statues, that at $35.00 a pop, that could add up quickly for me, cuz ya know I'd have to have a #1, #43, #48, and #63 at the very least..

I was collecting almost all the Supes statues that came out until I got sidetracked by my GA comics spending, but I don't mind that. grin.gif

as for which statues I've got,

1. Alex Ross Kingdom Come color statue, (my fav)

2. Hallmark Superman #11 recreation (my first one)

3. Superman #14 recreation (very cool)

4. GA Superman (Dave Grossman) statue.

5. Departure from Krypton (which I believe was limited to only 1000 made, I picked this one up at a con two years ago, it's perfect not a single scratch on it, and I've looked !!)

I'd like to get a few others, especially the new Alex Ross Superman Forever #1 statue

Great statues Zipper!!

I like them too..

statues.jpg

Where is your Galactus? sumo.gif The smaller FF statues look awesome next to the nearly 2 foot tall Galactus statue!

West

I bet it would!

I went for the Dr. Doom thing.