• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bid like "Krazy" - ASM 59

16 posts in this topic

I am curious to know what is going on here.

Did this thread just lose about 25 responses?

They were here a minute ago.

C

I am curious to know what is going on here.

Did this thread just lose about 25 responses?

They were here a minute ago.

C

Never Mind....Gozer the Kat has been banned...his posts must have been packed up and given the ole 86 at the same time.

C

ok.

gozer is/was a banned form member. the mods yanked a bunch of our posts.

one of his early IDs was Krazy Kat. he made some memorable posts that some found irritating, time wasting etc. whatever. this is the name that stuck after he was banned, hence forum members refer to him as KK or krazy kat...

he comes back as a new member with a new name every so often, until people recognize his 'style' and the moderators ban him again. all i know about him is that he has 'been around' for a while (he must be in his 50's) and has knowledge/experience in comic art (and possibly other genres). we can only speculate what can be found in his collection, as he doesn't display or exhibit, for fear of the art being devalued because it is 'known'.

frankly, i find his thoughts and ideas...interesting and a good addition to the pool of knowledge around here...unfortunately, he pisses people off and the cycle continues...what he said about the ASM 59 cover was interesting, wish i could read it again...

ok.

gozer is/was a banned form member. the mods yanked a bunch of our posts.

one of his early IDs was Krazy Kat. he made some memorable posts that some found irritating, time wasting etc. whatever. this is the name that stuck after he was banned, hence forum members refer to him as KK or krazy kat...

he comes back as a new member with a new name every so often, until people recognize his 'style' and the moderators ban him again. all i know about him is that he has 'been around' for a while (he must be in his 50's) and has knowledge/experience in comic art (and possibly other genres). we can only speculate what can be found in his collection, as he doesn't display or exhibit, for fear of the art being devalued because it is 'known'.

frankly, i find his thoughts and ideas...interesting and a good addition to the pool of knowledge around here...unfortunately, he pisses people off and the cycle continues...what he said about the ASM 59 cover was interesting, wish i could read it again...

Krazy (in his various guises) can certainly enliven this forum, and I don't doubt that he cares passionately about this hobby. However, I do find most of his posts to be too repetitive in nature (one of the reasons it's easy enough to recognize his re-appearances).

Personally, I think he should have the strength of his convictions to 'come out into the open' with his real I.D. Until that happens (if it ever will), I find it difficult to take someone seriously who needs to 'hide'.

Sadly, it doesn't take much to ID the windbag-of-broken-promises.

His first post with the Gozer ID, was a lame comment about how neat and informative the CGC forum was, that his brother had a bunch of art but didn't think it was valuable, and he wondered if it was worth as much as comics. 'gee, what a great forum'.

Within minutes he posted three times in another thread that a Ditko Spider-man page had to be worth $20,000.

Then he pretends he's interested in buying the Dave Stevens Sheena piece, a well known story amongst collectors. Clearly he was looking to fish some people out of the group into telling the story again, why else choose that specific piece? But for what purpose?

Within 6 posts I knew it was him. Which is sad, for me. Just like KK, I need to get a life.

He said nothing remotely interesting about the ASM 59 cover, other than it would soon be worth 250k, if you really read the posts.

His knowledge of the hobby is big, or was big a few years ago, but really if he was up to speed on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff more people would know him here and on the L. Guys like Dan Forman have claimed to know his identity for years, but play the keep-the-secret-game.

Seriously, hearing about how the Batman 11 cover is worth 250k and he'll be the buyer, then rinse and repeat with every other high end piece that shows up, while never actually standing up, it's nauseating and tiring. When the piece sells for a new high (yes, I think we all realize that prices have undergone a staggering upward trend for the past 6 years, but some people happen to think that there is a reasonable top to the market) he goes on rants about how brilliant he is. But what is left out is that his market appraisal is never correct. If a piece is 250k, but ends at 125k, that makes you very wrong. But the power of the secret ID and a message board is that you never have to be accountable. At best, it's like baseball salaries. KK is paying next years prices, or rather, not paying, but instead projecting, next years prices. And really, not next years prices, but instead, 5 years? 20 years from now? Another caveat of his claims are "the best of the best". That's easy. What, the top 200 pieces of comic art will be worth huge money? Big deal. Being VERY conservative: 100 books a month, 22 pages a book, 12 books a year, for 50 years = 1.3 million comic pages. And comics have been around a lot longer than that, with more books published than that. So what if the best pieces become insanely valuable? How about the other 1.3 million pieces of art? He gets people worked up over a very simple idea, which most likely will occur. If a Klimt goes for 132 million, then 200k for an American icon is no big deal. But will a page from Marvel Comics Giant-Size Tomb of Dracula #4 ever be worth $10,000? No one would ever think that, unless paper suddenly becomes as valuable as diamonds. I'm pretty certain of this based on the fact that a poster on this forum is offering up a nearly complete book, and if he thought those pages could net him over 150k he wouldn't be selling them so soon.

Okay, enough. That was plenty of ranting for one day.

I'm not playing any game; why is it my job to out people in public if they wish not to be?? Everyone I speak with in the hobby seems to already know who he is so I really don't see the point anyway. Dan

I, for one, respect Dan's right to say or not say whatever he wants.

I don't necessarily think calling someone by their real name is "outing" them, but it is not up to Dan to make that call. It is KK who hides behind all the cloak and dagger, his real name is as irrelevant as his imaginary bids on pretty much every item he has talked about bidding on and winning and never does.

Chris

He said nothing remotely interesting about the ASM 59 cover, other than it would soon be worth 250k, if you really read the posts.

His knowledge of the hobby is big, or was big a few years ago, but really if he was up to speed on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff more people would know him here and on the L. Guys like Dan Forman have claimed to know his identity for years, but play the keep-the-secret-game.

Seriously, hearing about how the Batman 11 cover is worth 250k and he'll be the buyer, then rinse and repeat with every other high end piece that shows up, while never actually standing up, it's nauseating and tiring. When the piece sells for a new high (yes, I think we all realize that prices have undergone a staggering upward trend for the past 6 years, but some people happen to think that there is a reasonable top to the market) he goes on rants about how brilliant he is. But what is left out is that his market appraisal is never correct. If a piece is 250k, but ends at 125k, that makes you very wrong. But the power of the secret ID and a message board is that you never have to be accountable. At best, it's like baseball salaries. KK is paying next years prices, or rather, not paying, but instead projecting, next years prices. And really, not next years prices, but instead, 5 years? 20 years from now? Another caveat of his claims are "the best of the best". That's easy. What, the top 200 pieces of comic art will be worth huge money? Big deal. Being VERY conservative: 100 books a month, 22 pages a book, 12 books a year, for 50 years = 1.3 million comic pages. And comics have been around a lot longer than that, with more books published than that. So what if the best pieces become insanely valuable? How about the other 1.3 million pieces of art? He gets people worked up over a very simple idea, which most likely will occur. If a Klimt goes for 132 million, then 200k for an American icon is no big deal. But will a page from Marvel Comics Giant-Size Tomb of Dracula #4 ever be worth $10,000? No one would ever think that, unless paper suddenly becomes as valuable as diamonds. I'm pretty certain of this based on the fact that a poster on this forum is offering up a nearly complete book, and if he thought those pages could net him over 150k he wouldn't be selling them so soon.

A fantastic post, and sums up KK and his enlessly repetitve tirades perfectly. hail.gif

If a piece is 250k, but ends at 125k, that makes you very wrong. But the power of the secret ID and a message board is that you never have to be accountable. At best, it's like baseball salaries. KK is paying next years prices, or rather, not paying, but instead projecting, next years prices. And really, not next years prices, but instead, 5 years? 20 years from now? Another caveat of his claims are "the best of the best". That's easy. What, the top 200 pieces of comic art will be worth huge money? Big deal. Being VERY conservative: 100 books a month, 22 pages a book, 12 books a year, for 50 years = 1.3 million comic pages. And comics have been around a lot longer than that, with more books published than that. So what if the best pieces become insanely valuable? How about the other 1.3 million pieces of art? He gets people worked up over a very simple idea, which most likely will occur. If a Klimt goes for 132 million, then 200k for an American icon is no big deal. But will a page from Marvel Comics Giant-Size Tomb of Dracula #4 ever be worth $10,000? No one would ever think that, unless paper suddenly becomes as valuable as diamonds. I'm pretty certain of this based on the fact that a poster on this forum is offering up a nearly complete book, and if he thought those pages could net him over 150k he wouldn't be selling them so soon.

Terrific post. It sums up my feelings about the topic. Basically, he has absolutely nothing to say about original art, except that it is in the same league as fine art and is worth tons of money. OK, WE GET THE IDEA. BYE! I could see a minor argument made for Frazetta's (and a few others) best work, but some Spider-Man covers by Romita? Please.

I agree that Dan certainly has the right not to share the name if he doesn't want to. I don't know who he is except that it appears that he's the same guy that posts on the comic art list as Brad S with basically the same point (but toned down rhetoric on the list). But it seems logical to me like he may actually have some valuable art. Otherwise why bother with his agenda of trying to sway people into believing comic art is worth more.

-Peter

well. to be honest.i could care less about about posts or threads ranting about the value or worth of original comic art to fine art. i have been around long enough to know all art has some type of value. so who really want.s to read that every day .

instead i want to see more posts from collectors about what they are looking for.or tell me a funny story about an artist you know or met. tell about your 1st peice of comic art and what got you hooked in the 1st place,

there are a lot of very smart people on this board. that have a lot of knowledge of comic art but just sit back and lurk in the background. why? nobody can,.t be that shy when it come.s to comic art.

so let just move on and forget about the hidden id,s on who,s who. and stick to the basics of what got us here in the first place. nuff said. Christo_pull_hair.gif

larry ;]