• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Removing a pencil mark?

7 posts in this topic

Whats the best way? I have an Iron Fist 14 that is about a 9.4, apart from right in the middle something has been rubbed out and taken half the paint with it! (making it a substantially lower grade). Anyway, I have a few other, older issues with slight pencil marks, so whats the best way? They DO NOT dent the cover so I guess they can be completely removed. So is it a soft, rounded eraser or what?

Leave the slight pencil marks alone - especially if they are on colored ink. All you'll end up doing is lightening the ink where you try erasing.

What's the best way when it's in the white, unprinted sections? This seems fairly common since sellers used to write their prices on the back top margins.

Leave them be. CGC does not down grade for pencil marks, unobtrusive that is, so don't worry about it. There are people who will not buy a book with a mark on it, I have no trouble with them at all.Think about all the Mile Highs that people erased the arrival marks on. Makes you wonder where those books are and now they wish the marks were back on the covers.

goodevil.gif