• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

database unreachable?

10 posts in this topic

I started putting some of my CGC books on the registry but quite a few of them have come back as "Certification database currently unreachable". If I just leave them will they appear on the registry eventually or do I need to reregister them? My Lee/Kirby FF's and Amazing Spidey are completely empty (although admitedly there were only 2 books in the Spidey set frown.gif but the FF's looked a little healthier).

Oh yeah and a few are still registered to someone else. foreheadslap.gif

Their has been some problems lately with the Registry. I believe CGC is aware of the problem. I was having problems a while back, and Architect figured things would straighten out. I actually started a thread about it, but can't seem to find it now.

Good Luck

Mike

Their has been some problems lately with the Registry. I believe CGC is aware of the problem. I was having problems a while back, and Architect figured things would straighten out. I actually started a thread about it, but can't seem to find it now.

Good Luck

Mike

Cheers Mike, I had a look through some of the old threads and found various ones relating to registry problems but none that were the same as this problem.

I loaded 4 sets and 2 are empty but it looks like there are empty sets for other people too so I don't know if they had the same probs or just didn't fill them.

• Administrator

Whenever an entry fails, it is copied to an admin area where someone at CGC can look at it, determine what went wrong and resolve the entry. So, you never have to re-enter. Please be aware however that it may take a couple days (depending on the number of entries we have to resolve) before an admin can get to your entry and approve it.

Regarding failures for ownership, an email is automatically sent to the previous owners with a request for them to release the entry from their set. These entries are also held in the admin area and if we see that they are not resolved by the previous owners in a reasonable amount of time, then we manually transfer the entries and an email confirming the transfer is sent to both the previous and new owners.

Thanks for that Dena ,most of my stuff is on there now.

Just one more Silver Surfer issue in someone elses lot and that's me done.

Cheers.