• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

Solution:

Icefires stops posting on these boards, gets a life...

What are the chances you're going to shut the hell up and actually do it this time? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It looks like the answer to my question is "zero".

I'm trying to be nice.

May I recommend that you put me on your ignore list?

Its a pity there's so much bitterness in an otherwise nice thread... anyways, here are mine:

scan0008-1.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0010-1.jpg

And my favourite 100 pager and 2nd favourite book of all time... YL #107 cloud9.gif I love this book so much i need multiple copies acclaim.gif

scan0011-1.jpg

scan0012-2.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Its a pity there's so much bitterness in an otherwise nice thread... anyways, here are mine:

scan0008-1.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0010-1.jpg

And my favourite 100 pager and 2nd favourite book of all time... YL #107 cloud9.gif I love this book so much i need multiple copies acclaim.gif

scan0011-1.jpg

scan0012-2.jpg

27_laughing.gif
hater poke2.gif

wuss sumo.gif

scan0008-1.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0010-1.jpg

scan0011-1.jpg

scan0012-2.jpg

27_laughing.gif
hater poke2.gif

wuss sumo.gif

wanna fight, little man? sumo.gif

Solution:

Icefires stops posting on these boards, gets a life...

What are the chances you're going to shut the hell up and actually do it this time? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It looks like the answer to my question is "zero".

I'm trying to be nice.

May I recommend that you put me on your ignore list?

No you're not. All you're here to do is make snotty comments to people you don't like. And I'll follow your recommendation and put you on ignore just as soon as you actaully do what you say you're going to do.

What is it about you 100page collectors that make you so competetive? What is this big attraction to 100 pagers? this aura that drives you.

Though I'm not as competitive as some here and wouldn't pay the prices these HG 100 pagers are currently going for, the format brings home the nostagia more than any other of the Bronze Age in my opinion. The Marvel GS issues come a close 2nd.

They were a great value for a kid, 100 pages for 50/60 cents. Didn't matter they were mostly filled with reprints. I remember them fondly and have taken that into my adult collecting phase. I suspect others of the same age do so as well. The demand for these doesn't surprise me whatsoever. It'a also a neat and tidy collecting niche for collectors to complete and beats trying to collect a complete title which could run hundreds of issues.

Jim

What is it about you 100page collectors that make you so competetive? What is this big attraction to 100 pagers? this aura that drives you.

Though I'm not as competitive as some here and wouldn't pay the prices these HG 100 pagers are currently going for, the format brings home the nostagia more than any other of the Bronze Age in my opinion. The Marvel GS issues come a close 2nd.

They were a great value for a kid, 100 pages for 50/60 cents. Didn't matter they were mostly filled with reprints. I remember them fondly and have taken that into my adult collecting phase. I suspect others of the same age do so as well. The demand for these doesn't surprise me whatsoever. It'a also a neat and tidy collecting niche for collectors to complete and beats trying to collect a complete title which could run hundreds of issues.

Jim

thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Totally. In my 40s now, about 90% of my collecting interests are driven by nostalgia. I feel like an old fogie saying that, but it's true. Something about these 100-pagers, and to a lessor degree the Marvel Giant-Size issues really brings that all back. Perhaps it was because of all the cool reprints in the back, all the ads for Sea-Monkeys and X-ray specs and life-size Frankenstein monsters just made these books so cool. Yeah, I don't really care about the graded copies, but nuthin' much beats flippin' through a 100 pages of 70s comic goodness.