• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

Good point.

Bottom line:

I'll take Ebay or web sites with prices (like normal Comiclink or Pedigree or Metropolis, etc.) any day over this.

Ya know, I've almost talked myself out of ANY serious bidding in this auction (thumbs u

Last question: Ben, if I bid some serious money, oh say about $1,800 or so for two of your books, and I win one but miss the other by a mere $25 or so, will you let me out of the auction I won with no hard feelings? (shrug)

I mean, if I really wanted both books that is.

Good point.
That's why you don't post what you REALLY want on a comic boards. doh!

That's what registries are for. :baiting:

Also, how does not posting what you really want stop a comic web site from "miraculously" getting max bids for the people who list with them?

I'm not accusing any particular web site, by the way. It just bothers me because I have no way of knowing if it happens or not.....

You're never to know 100 percent of what's happening but I'll rather bid in an auction with a fixed ending time than auctions like the Vault and All Star where the auction continues if there are bids within a certain period of time.

I've done fine with my ComicLink auction purchases in the past. If I feel the prices are too high, I'll just back off. I'm in no rush to complete the set and even if I did, I'll feel the need to upgrade some books. I'll rather keep the hunt active rather than completing it.

Good point.
That's why you don't post what you REALLY want on a comic boards. doh!

That's what registries are for. :baiting:

Also, how does not posting what you really want stop a comic web site from "miraculously" getting max bids for the people who list with them?

I'm not accusing any particular web site, by the way. It just bothers me because I have no way of knowing if it happens or not.....

You're never to know 100 percent of what's happening but I'll rather bid in an auction with a fixed ending time than auctions like the Vault and All Star where the auction continues if there are bids within a certain period of time.

I've done fine with my ComicLink auction purchases in the past. If I feel the prices are too high, I'll just back off. I'm in no rush to complete the set and even if I did, I'll feel the need to upgrade some books. I'll rather keep the hunt active rather than completing it.

Good point. I think I will just put in some low bids on several books and see if I get lucky. That way I could care less what happens behind the scenes.

Nice avatar!

Last question: Ben, if I bid some serious money, oh say about $1,800 or so for two of your books, and I win one but miss the other by a mere $25 or so, will you let me out of the auction I won with no hard feelings? (shrug)

That's a pretty screwed up question. Don't bid unless you're prepared to buy any comic you win...

Jim

That's a pretty screwed up question. Don't bid unless you're prepared to buy any comic you win...

Jim

Inside joke.... :hi:

Good point.

Bottom line:

I'll take Ebay or web sites with prices (like normal Comiclink or Pedigree or Metropolis, etc.) any day over this.

Ya know, I've almost talked myself out of ANY serious bidding in this auction (thumbs u

They are not my books. If they were they would not be for sale.

Good point.

Bottom line:

They are not my books. If they were they would not be for sale.

Then, I wouldn't worry about any agreement that is in place. (shrug)