• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cary Nord Conan

9 posts in this topic

you would think the inker would get a hold of something. Thanks for the info Andy.

I don't think there IS an inker. Aren't his pencils colored directly? That's what gives his art such a unique look.

confused-smiley-013.gif

you would think the inker would get a hold of something. Thanks for the info Andy.

I don't think there IS an inker. Aren't his pencils colored directly? That's what gives his art such a unique look.

I thought that was the case as well.

When I got my con commission from him he said none of the pages are for sale. I don't believe there is an inker, I think they are in pencil direct to color.

I have seen some work by different artists where pages are done one panel from one page on a piece of typing paper and scaned in assembling the pages that way on the computer. The result is a really cool page that exists as a number of pieces. I'm not saying that is how conan was done I am just saying cases like that are also a reason no pages would be for sale. If anyone knows how the Conan book was done that would be great info. Maybe Cary has a pile of really cool pencil pages laying around.

He did this for me a couple of years ago. Conan Pin Up it's full size comic board inked with sharpie (no fading yet) You might be able to catch him at the right moment and get a piece done.

PS: Sorry JBud I just like torturing you grin.gif

It was my understanding that he only does rough drafts in pencil. He then scans them in the computer to be completed. I could be wrong.

Speaking of the new Conan sereis. I should have this any day. I was pumped when I heard that Powell was doing the art for issue 28. When reading the issue I visually marked this page as one that I would have to own. When I found out Chris bought it in San Diego I was a little down but glad that a fellow Eric Powell fan acquired it. A few months later and out of the blue Chris sends me a PM letting me know that if I want it I can have. I about *spoon* myself. Thanks Chris.

Conan 28 page 8 by Eric Powell.

Eric really captured the determined look on Conan's face in this splash. Also, I love the way Eric draws monsters and the bat creatures in this issue were no exception. cloud9.gif

conan28p8.jpg