• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know ebay seller "psychedelicgrave"?

52 posts in this topic

hello all..

actually , I believe you can offer presells, as long as you state the auction as such, and as long as you can guarantee the item will ship within 30 days of the auction listing...

rick

hello all..

actually , I believe you can offer presells, as long as you state the auction as such, and as long as you can guarantee the item will ship within 30 days of the auction listing...

rick

I meant to add that in....but typed to fast.that presells are banned unless you identify them as such (aside from the required shipping guarantee) and that the seller did not ID it at all as a presell, thus making it a no no.

C

Unfortunately, I'm never surprised at the depths some people will sink to just to make a buck. foreheadslap.gif

In this case, make it ten thousand bucks.

Is ten thousand really worth all the possible troubles. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've contacted ebay. Actually spoke live online to a rep. So useless. We'll see if anything happens. I want to make sure I report all his auctions first before I contact him directly so that he is possibly kicked off ebay.

Probably wouldn't hurt if everyone else reports him to ebay as well.

...Done. sumo.gif

I also mentioned that the seller's Paypal surcharge was in violation of ebay's rules (as who knows, maybe this will be the only thing that gets their attention...).

...Done. sumo.gif

I also mentioned that the seller's Paypal surcharge was in violation of ebay's rules (as who knows, maybe this will be the only thing that gets their attention...).

You're probably right. eBay cuts slack to the most egregious ethical violations/scams but they are merciless if you screw with their fees.

...Done. sumo.gif

You're probably right. eBay cuts slack to the most egregious ethical violations/scams but they are merciless if you screw with their fees.

Uh . . . adding a surcharge doesn't screw with eBay's fees, it only adds to them. makepoint.gif They could care less.

I need contact info for this person.

He has linked his store to multiple items of mine. His BINs are higher than mine so I presume if someone buys the book from him he will turn around and buy it from me.

Unaccepteble. mad.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

That's just plain brilliant........errr I mean awful. grin.gif Wish I thought of that. stooges.gifshy.gif

Uh . . . adding a surcharge doesn't screw with eBay's fees, it only adds to them. makepoint.gif They could care less.

Is that right? I think the eBay fees are set on the auction price only. They may get an extra bit on their PayPal fees since the amount of the PayPal payment will be higher [and it might be semantics then since eBay owns PayPal] but if it is against eBay's rules, then it is probably because eBay will lose some pennies somehow because that seems to be the bottom-line for all their rules.

You can use stolen scans for 100 auctions but they day you are late paying your fees is the day you get NARU'd - isn't that what happened to Heritage a while back?

...Done. sumo.gif

Actually they care a great deal. Much like a business that takes credit cards cannot ask for the 3% fee from their customers as it is in violation of their agreement with the card issuer it is the same thing here.

They see it as potentially harmful to them because a bidder may bid less. Or in a fixed price auction not bid at all. This costs them money being that the final selling price does not come off at all or the final bids are less than they would have been with the buyer lowering his amount bid by the paypal fee surcharge.

Either way it costs them money and makes it more difficult for buyers to use their service or to see their service as a burden costing more money and not a help. Either way with Ebay owning paypal it makes perfect sense why they would ban surcharges.

Chris

If you guys notice the seller ended the auction gossip.gif

I emailed him my advice of what he was doing was a big no-no 893naughty-thumb.gif,

he emailed me and apologized, as he had every intention of buying Marks books if they sold through his auctions tonofbricks.gif

I emailed him my advice of what he was doing was a big no-no 893naughty-thumb.gif,

he emailed me and apologized, as he had every intention of buying Marks books if they sold through his auctions tonofbricks.gif

So those were his true intentions? That simply amazes me. Then again it is Ebay.

he also stated that he would email Mark and ask for his permission to list it again, that way they can both make money crazy.gif

That is too funny.

Maybe Mark should allow him to and have the guy post a link to his website.

This way the guy pays the fees and Mark gets free advertising at his expense.

Sounds like a win, win to me. insane.gif

That would have been hard to do for several of the books as they were sold months ago and are no longer listed on ebay. makepoint.gifyeahok.gif