• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jan-Feb Comiclink Auction looks like a Winner...Heritage Who?

43 posts in this topic

What does the label say about restoration on the tec 27?

No,wait,. don't tell me... let me guess I can divine the words on the label without even seeing them.

Could they be...

"color touch, tears sealed, pieces added"?

By any chance?

How did I do it? I called upon the spirt of a ghost who said it would bt the same as on every other restored label.

Actually, it says

Restoration includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, reinforced

poke2.gif

It also says "reinforced"!

Oh man mea cupla to the max. How could I have been so far OFF????

Who would've guessed this'd have such informative labelling. Wow! Now I know EXACTLY what differentiates this restored book from all the others.

You know I had been wondering what the book may have looked like before and was wishing a scan were available of how it looked before restoration.

But with labelling like that, with such obsessive devotion to meticulous detail... who needs it?

So I just went throught the listings and drew up a list of books to bid on. Then I get to the end and see that several of the same books are listed again but are noted as "Auction ended". Has Josh been accepting BIN offers on books before the auction started? Half the books on my list are gone if this is true. frown.gif

So I just went throught the listings and drew up a list of books to bid on. Then I get to the end and see that several of the same books are listed again but are noted as "Auction ended". Has Josh been accepting BIN offers on books before the auction started? Half the books on my list are gone if this is true. frown.gif

Could be books that were pulled by the consignors...I seem to recall a number of early Supes or Actions that were also pulled early on in the preview for the October Comiclink auction. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nothing was pulled from the auction or sold after being listed in the preview. A few items were listed twice due to a manual error and the doubles show up as "auction ended."

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Without wanting to sound like a Comiclink boot licker, the preview for their upcoming Gold/Silver auction in late January looks very impressive.

Cap # 1 in 5.0 and 8.0, Human Torch # 1 in 8.0, Whiz # 1, Detective # 38, Batman # 1 are all awesome eye-candy, but the real hum-dinger of this auction will be:

Det27.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Like them or not, Comiclink is making a heckuva push to grow their Auctions with some very sweet offerings. Heritage should take note.

My only question is the timing of it all. Their auction starts just a few days after the January Heritage Signature Auction ends and ends at roughly the same time as three major national show begin (Megacon on Feb. 16-18 with the NY National just a week later and Wondercon a week after that).

Should be interesting to see what sells and for how much.

Click here to see their Preview.

Alright Josh, now send me my book...the check cleared ten days ago. tongue.gif

I'm glad you guys like the look of the January 25th auction so far. We've been working hard on it. More consignments for this auction continue to roll in so the selection should keep improving.

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Without wanting to sound like a Comiclink boot licker, the preview for their upcoming Gold/Silver auction in late January looks very impressive.

Cap # 1 in 5.0 and 8.0, Human Torch # 1 in 8.0, Whiz # 1, Detective # 38, Batman # 1 are all awesome eye-candy, but the real hum-dinger of this auction will be:

Det27.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Like them or not, Comiclink is making a heckuva push to grow their Auctions with some very sweet offerings. Heritage should take note.

My only question is the timing of it all. Their auction starts just a few days after the January Heritage Signature Auction ends and ends at roughly the same time as three major national show begin (Megacon on Feb. 16-18 with the NY National just a week later and Wondercon a week after that).

I'm glad you guys like the look of the January 25th auction so far. We've been working hard on it. More consignments for this auction continue to roll in so the selection should keep improving.

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh,

On bigger books (if not all books over a certain dollar value), I think back cover scans are essential. Just my two cents, although I think anyone interested in a book like that would agree.

Scott

Det27.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh,

On bigger books (if not all books over a certain dollar value), I think back cover scans are essential. Just my two cents, although I think anyone interested in a book like that would agree.

Scott

Espeacilly on the raw books ... would never buy a 500+ dollar book raw without a BC scan.

Other than that, i agree with the rest, very impressive selection in the Jan-Feb Auction 893applaud-thumb.gif

Det27.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh,

Scott

Espeacilly on the raw books ... would never buy a 500+ dollar book raw without a BC scan.

Other than that, i agree with the rest, very impressive selection in the Jan-Feb Auction 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks. FYI - there will be a back cover scan posted for every raw book (that is not within a group lot) in the auction. Anyone who needs a back cover scan on any of the CGC books will be sent one upon an email request to buysell@comiclink.com

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Det27.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh,

Scott

Thanks. FYI - there will be a back cover scan posted for every raw book (that is not within a group lot) in the auction. Anyone who needs a back cover scan on any of the CGC books will be sent one upon an email request to buysell@comiclink.com

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

yay.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Det27.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh,

Scott

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

A definite step in the right direction, Josh, but for a book like the one above (or any book worth more than say $1000-2000, you will probably achieve better auction results if you just post the back cover scans in the auction. You'll probably save yourself a ton of work on the back end, too.

Det27.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh,

Scott

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

A definite step in the right direction, Josh, but for a book like the one above (or any book worth more than say $1000-2000, you will probably achieve better auction results if you just post the back cover scans in the auction. You'll probably save yourself a ton of work on the back end, too.

I don't know - Heritage posts all back cover scans and even with their nice catalog they don't achieve higher prices than we do. You are right in that it may save us some time later on to have them posted rather than email them to people upon request. We may do that as time allows. The bulk of our time lately has been spent getting the initial preview up, taking new consignments for the auction and the exchange, and shipping/receiving. I am increasing the ComicLink staff so in 2007 there will be more time and hands to get things done that are not essential but would still make sense.

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Det27.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh,

Scott

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

I don't know - Heritage posts all back cover scans and even with their nice catalog they don't achieve higher prices than we do. You are right in that it may save us some time later on to have them posted rather than email them to people upon request. We may do that as time allows. The bulk of our time lately has been spent getting the initial preview up, taking new consignments for the auction and the exchange, and shipping/receiving. I am increasing the ComicLink staff so in 2007 there will be more time and hands to get things done that are not essential but would still make sense.

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Come relocate to Florida and I'll come work for you. tongue.gif

Det27.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh,

Scott

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Heritage's failure to achieve higher prices than you do is probably related to its other policies (high buyers' premium, difficulty in making last-minute bids, etc.). I was going to suggest that perhaps various collectors' pledges never to bid on Heritage's auctions might be having an impact, but after seeing that one of the main "pledgers" won several expensive books in recent Heritage auctions, it seems that those pledges may be more bluster than substance.

I don't know - Heritage posts all back cover scans and even with their nice catalog they don't achieve higher prices than we do.

I was pretty happy with the prices that Heritage achieved on my books recently. I'm sure it was because of the back cover scans and nice catalog. smirk.gif

Heritage's failure to achieve higher prices than you do is probably related to its other policies (high buyers' premium, difficulty in making last-minute bids, etc.). I was going to suggest that perhaps various collectors' pledges never to bid on Heritage's auctions might be having an impact, but after seeing that one of the main "pledgers" won several expensive books in recent Heritage auctions, it seems that those pledges may be more bluster than substance.

Anyways, don't most of the people who consider Heritage to be verboten also generally consider Comiclink to be part of the same "Axis of Evil", and therefore in theory should be similarly embargoing CL?

P.S. I can't imagine which pledger you're talking about. 27_laughing.gif

Anyways, don't most of the people who consider Heritage to be verboten also generally consider Comiclink to be part of the same "Axis of Evil", and therefore in theory should be similarly embargoing CL?

I don't think so. I think Heritage and CL are very different businesses.